[WTB?] Discussion - AICS - AI chassis SA - USED prices these days?

Kyle_dixon_hismouth

Lessons We Learn Are On The Tombstones Of Others
Minuteman
May 21, 2019
DFW
Following up on a thread from 2017, this thread is both for me and others seeking that nostalgic look from Accuracy International.

What should one expect to pay these days for rem 700 SA - AICS that have all been discontinued?

1.0?
1.5 old skin?
1.5 new skin?
2.0 old/new?

It looks to be, from research both in this forum and others outside Snipershide, the 2.0 is more sought after for its folding capabilities.

ShtrRdy

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Sep 17, 2011
High Plains
Do you also want to consider the AX version?

When you say "old skin" and "new skin" what are you looking for?

I like the AICS and won't be selling mine anytime soon.

Kyle_dixon_hismouth

Minuteman
May 21, 2019
DFW
I don't personally like the look of the AX over the older discontinued AW / AWP look.
As far as Old / New Skins...
*from research, anyone please correct me if i'm wrong*

1.0 = old old, no cheek riser, no fold

*photos attached*
1.5 = non folding
The old was the classic blocky in the back
And later the "new one", AI came out with a refresh for both 1.5/2.0 is more of an L in the back and slight cosmetic changes up front

*photos attached*
2.0 = folding
New/Old is the same as 1.5 but folding
You can see where there is space in the 1.5 that fits the folding mechanism, which im sure can be cut out, made manufacturing a bit easier

Attachments

• Screenshot_2019-05-27 aics 1 5 black - Google Search.png
    Screenshot_2019-05-27 aics 1 5 black - Google Search.png
    133.1 KB · Views: 96
  • AICS-stock-1.5-short-action-fixed-stock-dark-earth.jpg
    AICS-stock-1.5-short-action-fixed-stock-dark-earth.jpg
    14.2 KB · Views: 104
  • Screenshot_2019-05-27 aics 2 0 - Google Search.png
    Screenshot_2019-05-27 aics 2 0 - Google Search.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 100
  • Screenshot_2019-05-27 aics 2 0 - Google Search(1).png
    Screenshot_2019-05-27 aics 2 0 - Google Search(1).png
    1.2 MB · Views: 105

Kyle_dixon_hismouth

Minuteman
May 21, 2019
DFW
Any fresh thoughts on used prices for AICS, AICS AT 1.5 & AICS 2.0?
Really just depends on the end user, i've seen fire deals and some ridiculous pricings that still sell on ebay. It just depends where the fish are and when they're biting. But generally the prices are going up. The group of people that switched their chassis's out to all aluminum ones, like MDT, are getting smaller and smaller, as the PRS trend is taking off.

And those that have AICS's are either cloners or are in love with the nostalgic look and are not parting ways anytime soon.

Reactions: Pinmaster

Kyle_dixon_hismouth

Minuteman
May 21, 2019
DFW
I did a mini write up in this thread if anyone is curious about the differences in the Generations of Accuracy International Chassis Systems.

BlindRascal

Private
Minuteman
Jun 9, 2018
Expect to spend about 700-1300 for any combination of them. Obviously it can fluctuate at both ends but I've been watching the prices heavily for the last few months and snagged both a folder and a non for a good price.

Reactions: Kyle_dixon_hismouth

Kyle_dixon_hismouth

Minuteman
May 21, 2019
DFW
Expect to spend about 700-1300 for any combination of them. Obviously it can fluctuate at both ends but I've been watching the prices heavily for the last few months and snagged both a folder and a non for a good price.
Agree'd with the low end of 700 for the Legacy Short Action 1.5 Non Folder. (Have seen sold for north of 1200 on ebay Wowzer)
On the other end, Legacy 2.0 Folders around 1300-1600, at one point they were selling 2-2.2k but those have been settling down. (GunBroker tried to sell at 2.5k lmao, it's been sitting there for like a year now, slowly inching down price)

the AICS AT's just sell for what you could get them for now as they are not discontinued.

squib

Private
Minuteman
Mar 10, 2012
New York
Great thread good info. not to hijack but what the going rate for a new unfired AIAE non folder these days? Any value?

Kyle_dixon_hismouth

Minuteman
May 21, 2019
DFW
Great thread good info. not to hijack but what the going rate for a new unfired AIAE non folder these days? Any value?
Depends, what Generation / Mark? There was Mark 1/2/3 i believe, correct me if i'm wrong

redneckbmxer24

Merica!
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Jan 15, 2005
    Gulf Coast, FL
    Sounds like a used price, what's new unfired go for?

It really doesn't matter if it's brand new or lightly used. The value is what it is due to lack of desirability, nobody really wants them anymore because of what you can get AT's for that are far better featured rifles. That's why they go so cheap, plus theres a lot of other options out there now too. You could buy AE MK3's on close out from dealers for about $2500 and that was like 5- 6 years ago.

bunk216

Private
    Minuteman
    Feb 27, 2014
    Las Vegas NV
    A guy on a local forum here in Vegas has a clean 1.5 for sale.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200424-072619_Chrome.jpg
      Screenshot_20200424-072619_Chrome.jpg
      202.1 KB · Views: 93

squib

Private
    Minuteman
    Mar 10, 2012
    New York
    It really doesn't matter if it's brand new or lightly used. The value is what it is due to lack of desirability, nobody really wants them anymore because of what you can get AT's for that are far better featured rifles. That's why they go so cheap, plus theres a lot of other options out there now too. You could buy AE MK3's on close out from dealers for about $2500 and that was like 5- 6 years ago.

I figured it would be desireable for someone to join the owners club at 3k?

redneckbmxer24

Merica!
    Supporter
    Minuteman
  • Jan 15, 2005
    Gulf Coast, FL
    I figured it would be desireable for someone to join the owners club at 3k?

I suppose there's a sucker born every day, but nobody in their right mind is going to pay $3K for an AE. Lightly used AT's have sold for less than that. For $400-$500 more someone can buy a brand new AT from a dealer if they call around. For $1500 more someone can buy a new "demo" AX from Euro Optic.

About two years ago I paid $2000 shipped for a AE folder with the stock 308 barrel plus a fluted Bartlein, an Atlas bipod and spigot, 3x AICS mags, and a sling. That rifle had been sitting with the owner trying to sell it for almost 6 months.

Unless you get ridiculously lucky and find a sucker then an AE isn't bringing anywhere near $3000. It's a decade old rifle that's very undesirable and has no collector value either.

Yuli

Private
    Minuteman
    May 18, 2020
    GA
    I hate to necro post since I am new here, but damn. Those prices look about right for the legacy chassis.. been trying to look for one that isn't ridiculously overpriced..

zerolumens

I like shooting pixels and bullets!
    Supporter
    Minuteman
    Jan 8, 2021
    Arvala-7
    bring an old thread back... lol
    Arrgh. wish I would have seen this thread while I was bidding on the fde SA rem700 folder 2.0 of my dreams. lost it as it got up into the 1200 range and I thought it was a little high. I guess I should of stuck with it as 1200-1600 is the norm?

Zuul

Green Banana Samoan
    Supporter
    Minuteman
    Jan 18, 2014
    Kona, Hawaii
    Necro thread bump!!!! What are the prices trending at for 1.5 Rem 700 short action chassis’s? Search found me a few LA chassis priced $900-$1200 but not too many SA’s to get a feel on price.

Kyle_dixon_hismouth

Minuteman
    May 21, 2019
    DFW
    Necro thread bump!!!! What are the prices trending at for 1.5 Rem 700 short action chassis’s? Search found me a few LA chassis priced $900-$1200 but not too many SA’s to get a feel on price.
    Long actions have been saturating the market, due to Thoroughbred Armament releasing used surplus mk13 kits (LA AICS 2.0 in Flat Dark Earth). Any other color should hold a higher premium.

As far as Short Action's go, i'd say they've crept up higher... they do pop up here and there, check all of the forums... it's up to what you're willing to pay i guess. Personally i would spring for a 2.0, the folding capabilities get convenient when you need it.

Kyle_dixon_hismouth

Minuteman
    May 21, 2019
    DFW
    That's a toss up imo... technically speaking Savage SA chassis's are more rare of course, there are much less of those out there, but it comes down to whether or not the end user is a savage fan or has a bunch of savage drop ins.

With vudoo and finally bergara making a 22lr trainer platform in a short action remington footprint, that's what i snagged to build my trainer.

Reactions: squib

Zuul

Green Banana Samoan
    Supporter
    Minuteman
    Jan 18, 2014
    Kona, Hawaii
    Long actions have been saturating the market, due to Thoroughbred Armament releasing used surplus mk13 kits (LA AICS 2.0 in Flat Dark Earth). Any other color should hold a higher premium.

As far as Short Action's go, i'd say they've crept up higher... they do pop up here and there, check all of the forums... it's up to what you're willing to pay i guess. Personally i would spring for a 2.0, the folding capabilities get convenient when you need it.
    Thanks for the info! I have a Rem 700 short action non folder I thought about dumping but in a year or so I’ll probably be pissing and moaning to myself that I got rid of it.