• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Accessories WTB Howa Mini Action stock

ltfirehunter

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 29, 2008
Rock Spring Georgia
Just bought a new heavy barreled action and I'm looking for a good stock to drop it in.

I prefer something like a Bell and Carlson or other manufacturer like McMillan etc.

Chassis is second on the list.

I've got one sitting in the plastic stock. The plastic is kind of soft, but ergonomics are good for a hunting stock. I cut the LOP to 12.5" for my daughter, and filled the buttstock with fiberglass cloth and epoxy then reinstalled the recoil pad. Worked well.

Traditional stocks for your rifle - Bell & Carlson, Oregon Gunsmithing, Boyds, and factory. (that's all I know)

Chassis - Brownells BRN 1, and the Sharps Bros Heatseeker (looks cool and to the be the most functional), MDT LSS-XL gen 2, and oryx

Bottom metal - detachable - Jefferson Outdoors and DIP - I had the DIP and their mag release and it is light years better than the factory water gun plastic junk.

There are 2 BDL hinged aluminum floor plates available - Oregon Gunsmithing and Jefferson Outdoors. After an accidental mag dump while shooting at a coyote 2 years ago I sold the DIP and bought Jefferson's bdl floor plate - awesome, and IMO the only way to go for hunting.

Jefferson Outdoors has developed a DBM that uses the metal CZ mags. He plans to bring those to market.

Good luck, and I hope you enjoy the little rifle - I love mine.

BTW, a month or so ago I sent Legacy Outdoors a message asking if they were going to release the 6mm ARC in the mini and they said ETA is Spring 2022. Sign me up!

Still looking.

If you have a factory heavy barrel contour stock is fine for now so I can shoot and do some load development.

Most of the colors from B&C are all back-ordered.

Own a Howa Mini .223. Great Rifle, tone def customer service does not respond to mag issues. Oregon BDL went on today. Will check for function this week. Looks great. B&C M40 style is wonderful. Dip rail and Vortex Diamondback Tactical 6 x 24 super accurate. 1LB trigger with Bloke spring and DIP trigger shoe. Millet steel rings. Harris bipod. Great setup. Gave my Howa .223 short action to my son. This is smaller. The mag is the only non redeemable feature on the mini. Now it functions 1000% and hits like a tack. Last Howa for me due to ignorant mag service. Next is my fourth Tikka.

I bought a Howa Mini 223 off a member on here a while back, it came with two stocks. I like the one that's already on the rifle, so the other is just sitting in my closet.

"Oryx chassis with Ergo grip, two sets of skins, and full ARCA rail"

A3F79131-D0F5-4351-8FEF-1DE6D5A1BA87.jpeg

Shoot me a message if you're interested in it. It's not the first on your list, but it's in good shape and built like a tank.