• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Firearms WTB Hunting Rifle for young adults

NWnewguy

Private
Minuteman
Nov 10, 2013
Sako, Tikka, Ruger 77- preferred actions

6.5cm, 7mm-08, maybe 308- preferred calibers

I'm looking for some Christmas presents for my kids. I would love to be able to find a Sako in a friendly caliber such as 6.5, 7mm-08, something similar to that. I'm not interested in anything that's too rare or requires me to get crazy with the wildcat stuff for this. This rifle will probably be leaving my home in a few years and going with the kids. Something that takes factory ammo would be a big plus. Needs to have enough horsepower for Elk. Stainless probably preferred over blued

I'd also be fine with a Ruger 77 or Tikka or something similar. I'm not interested in a Savage at this time. No offense, I have a handful of them, but not interested for this purpose. I'm looking to stay around a $1k, but really I'm looking to buy value, so if you have something you aren't using and don't have a need for, send me what you got and worse I can say is, no thank you.

Plan on paying cash via PPFF, but if you need some reloading stuff, I could probably come off some of my stash as a partial trade. I'm in the Albuquerque area if we were to get lucky enough to work it out local.

Thanks,

Reactions: Mallardmilitia
I've got a blued Tikka 270 that I just picked up that I didnt need....this is a 3 shot 130gr load that I threw together.
Let me know if you are interested in it. I'm up in Raton.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201029-182815_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20201029-182815_Gallery.jpg
    197.9 KB · Views: 21
I've got a blued Tikka 270 that I just picked up that I didnt need....this is a 3 shot 130gr load that I threw together.
Let me know if you are interested in it. I'm up in Raton.

Those Tikkas always shoot don't they?!

I would prefer a short action caliber, but thanks anyway!

Reactions: gonzaga
I've got a Kimber mountain rifle in 7-08 I'd be happy to sell you. Bought it for my wife originally, but she prefers hunting with an AR. Go figure. I'd like to get just over 1k. It's in great condition.