• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing WTB longer action screws for a 700

Re: WTB longer action screws for a 700

I can send you a couple of long ones if you can cut them down to fit. Send me a message with your address and I'll throw them in the mail.

CHRIS

Got some coming thanks

No I did not take the reply wrong, I have been to most of the hardware store in town and nobody has 1/4x28 screws

Kian

i can find 1/4-28 shcs at the true-value hardware in my no-stoplight having town. you usually need to look in the little pull out drawers, not in the bulk bins though. i'm not sure if my store carries the flat head (tapered countersink) style like on oem remington bottom metal.

I just went to Ace Hardware today and bought a set of screws for 1.69 out the door, they need to trimmed a little, no biggie, if you go this route the front screw must clear the bolt lug, and the rear screw needs to clear the bolt.