• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Firearms WTB M1A Socom

car16smg

Lead slingin
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Mar 8, 2014
    Tennessee
    My old man is finally retiring after 31 years of law enforcement. He never asks for anything, but a few years ago he mentioned he wanted a short barreled M1A. Why? I haven’t a clue, but that’s gonna be his retirement gift! Looking for a factory-ish M1A socom. He is a no-frills kinda guy. Help me find a good one! Thanks!

Reactions: Richc211
    Palmetto State Armory usually has good prices on them, that's where I purchased mine from. Good Luck!

Another member has this posted FS:

Another member has this posted FS:

Beautiful gun, but not exactly what I’m looking for

Beautiful gun, but not exactly what I’m looking for

No problem, I had just seen it listed while looking thru the FS thread...

Do you know about the Springfield IOP program, to buy one direct thru a Springfield LE retailer?

Keep an eye out over here. These guys usually have weapons that have mostly USGI parts.

No problem, I had just seen it listed while looking thru the FS thread...

Do you know about the Springfield IOP program, to buy one direct thru a Springfield LE retailer?

This is a good option!

Please explain as I’m an M1a noob!
    The Springfield Armory, more formally known as the United States Armory and Arsenal at Springfield located in the city of Springfield, Massachusetts, was the primary center for the manufacture of United States military firearms from 1777 until its closing in 1968.

Springfield Armory, Inc., is an American commercial firearms manufacturer and importer based in Geneseo, Illinois. Founded in 1974 by Bob Reese, the company produces rifles such as the M1A and imports handguns such as the XD series and Hellcat.

You should go to this site and read as well as ask questions:
    Without getting into a very deep discussion here and making a very, very general statement...... The M14 / M1A's built with parts that are pre-1968 have all USGI parts. Springfield Armory, Incorporated procured many USGI parts but basically had to just about start over with forgings, machine tools and assemblers. Eventually the supply of USGI parts started to run out and SAI had parts fabricated by "other's".... There are many discussions about "parts". Some feel newer CNC made parts are closer to spec. Other's feel imported parts are more prone to failure...

IMHO the best manufacturer / vendor at this time is LRB....
    Again, you should do some reading on their site. You will find some good people in the M14 world with a lot of first hand experiences.

Best of luck.

Hobo

• Love
    Reactions: car16smg