• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Firearms WTB: Magnum Bolt Face Action

Glen1978

Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 14, 2012
Buena Vista, CO
Feeler for an aftermarket mag bolt face action in med or long action. NOT looking for a trued Remington. Prefer new or like new. Thanks!

Last edited:
I have a SA with a PTG bolt and no trigger I may be willing to part with. PM me if your interested

Yes I have a Remington 700 SA with that bolt I would be willing to get rid of.
3494457D-EB1F-48DA-9474-005B420CF6DE.gif

I may be deleting this anyway but figured Id eat some popcorn and watch. Thinking now of going to a MED length action and running 7 SAUM and switch prefits to a 6 creed or GT maybe. More bang for the buck.
You’ll like 7 saum.
Good luck finding an action.

I may be deleting this anyway but figured Id eat some popcorn and watch. Thinking now of going to a MED length action and running 7 SAUM and switch prefits to a 6 creed or GT maybe. More bang for the buck.
Or you could go 7SS and run everything in a short action.

Or you could go 7SS and run everything in a short action.
Yeah I know. That is the wildcard in this and would save me ALOT of hassle looking for mags, looking for chassis, hell looking for an action too. Just dont know if Im ready to go down the wildcat rathole yet.

Yeah I know. That is the wildcard in this and would save me ALOT of hassle looking for mags, looking for chassis, hell looking for an action too. Just dont know if Im ready to go down the wildcat rathole yet.
Well it does have dies and factory brass is available so no brass forming or fire forming.
I went 7 saum for a bit cheaper brass and die preferences by 7SS is definitely more short action friendly.

I built a 7SS last year, and it was my first foray into handloading. The whole process didn't seem too bad, but I can definitely see the advantages of going with something more established like a SAUM or WSM.