• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

WTB: McMillan M14 forest camo take-off stock ("classic" USMC rifle team stock)

Random Guy

Private
Minuteman
May 16, 2012
I would like to build a replica/tribute rifle of a "classic" USMC M14 match rifle. (see pic #1 of real examples). I have a rear lugged SAI M1A receiver (with torque screw set-up), and recently got a nice 1995 dated USMC marked Barnett/Douglas heavy profile barrel that would make such a project doable. (see pics 2 & 3). I also have a 1990 dated USMC marked barrel that I could potentially offer as trade fodder for a take-off stock.

WTB a proper take-off USMC M14 stock for this project. I have seen some of these stocks sell a few years - but I was not interested in one at the time, but now that I have a USMC marked heavy barrel, I am now motivated to find an M14 forest camo stock worthy of the barrel. I am not interested in a civilian McMillan stock for this project - must have the M14 selector cut, proper 3-color forest camo pattern, and inleted for a rear lugged receiver - as seen on real M14 off stocks.

Examples of the type of stock I am seeking (these are obviously real USMC rifle team M14s):

Top barrel is what I want to use with this project:

Markings on vintage USMC Barnett barrels:

Any assistance is greatly appreciated, thanks.

good luck with this... occasionally McMillan smear stocks will come up on gunbroker or M14 forum but they usually go quick and command a premium.

BTT, still looking for a nice take off stock. (My buddy found one last week, so I'm hoping to have similar luck this spring..)

Second on the suggestion to check M14Forum for info on getting on of these stocks. I have seen several of those in the last few years. Just post a request for help finding one and I bet someone will have info for you.

HTH

And look on the usrifleteams.org "National Match Forum".

If there's a higher concentration of Highpower guys on the internet, I'm not aware of it.