• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Reloading Equipment WTB Prometheus Gen II

Have you contacted Prometheous? Given the extremely limited number of gen 2s available for resale they may have an idea of who, if anyone, is looking to sell. Also might be able to connect you with someone who has recently inquired about the gen2 lease buyout option.

Reactions: Outlaw1
Serious question. Why that over the auto trickled? Haven’t had the chance to play with the Prometheus. Looking for information on the differences desired cost and beam Scala vs electronic scales. Thank you.

I'm genuinely curious as to what crowd the Prometheus calls to. Not that it has to fit a reloading/shooting style either - anyone can buy one!

$5K though to buy one outright... Ouch!

I'd be lying if I said I didn't want one just for shits and giggles myself.

Maybe someone will come along soon who knows a guy who knows a guy and is looking to either sell or get out of lease on one.

I'm genuinely curious as to what crowd the Prometheus calls to.

ETA: It's significantly faster than running my RCBS CM powder thrower. Throw accuracy improved tremendously. To be fair, I still haven't achieved revolutionary SD or ES like I thought it would. My guess is that case volume variance even after fire-forming is likely the culprit .. maybe seating depth variance as well.

OP - call Brand. He's a good dude and easy to work with in my experience.

Last edited:
All I can say is, FWIW, that after years of playing with an Ohaus triple beam that will get you down to taking a razor blade and shaving one stick of extruded powder in half, I now throw on charge master and then weigh to the 1/10th of a grain on a beam scale. It has nothing to do with time, but I've found that any more precision in weighing beyond this does not produce better results (for me), and in fact being on a node is way more important than even this level of precision in weighing powder. I think that's why some very good marksmen just use a powder throw and call it good in their load development. I'm not willing to got that far, and insist on weighing every charge for rifle ammunition, but I'm done with anything more precise than 1/10 of a grain (6.5 milligrams).

I don't shoot BR, so I can't speak to that, but I would think that's who Prometheus' primary market is.

All that said far be it from me to MF such an awesome contraption. It really is the pinnacle of weighing charges. It took me five times as long to do the same thing manually.

All I can say is, FWIW, that after years of playing with an Ohaus triple beam that will get you down to taking a razor blade and shaving one stick of extruded powder in half, I now throw on charge master and then weigh to the 1/10th of a grain on a beam scale. It has nothing to do with time, but I've found that any more precision in weighing beyond this does not produce better results (for me), and in fact being on a node is way more important than even this level of precision in weighing powder. I think that's why some very good marksmen just use a powder throw and call it good in their load development. I'm not willing to got that far, and insist on weighing every charge for rifle ammunition, but I'm done with anything more precise than 1/10 of a grain (6.5 milligrams).

I don't shoot BR, so I can't speak to that, but I would think that's who Prometheus' primary market is.

All that said far be it from me to MF such an awesome contraption. It really is the pinnacle of weighing charges. It took me five times as long to do the same thing manually.

Your last paragraph says it all. I've been able to load up to 200 rounds per hour. That's without compromising ANY precision. No scale warm up. No drift. Stayed at the same setting for years and never drifted. Fill the hopper up, turn it on, and it will supply you with perfect charges dropped directly into your cases about as fast as you can seat bullets and be ready with the next piece of brass.

The time saved over a season of shooting matches and training is awesome. Less time at the reloading bench, more time at the range.

Definitely go through brand to get one. The guys that currently have them technically do not own them. It’s a lease you sign when you agree to possess one of them. They cannot be resold without going through Brand for updating and reoutfitting. He tests them all and inspects them before releasing to the new owner. The gen 1 was sold outright but the gen 2 is a legal binding lease. Brand is continually upgrading and tweaking them gen two. Really could be a gen 3 by now I’d imagine. I loved mine but no longer have one.

Definitely go through brand to get one. The guys that currently have them technically do not own them. It’s a lease you sign when you agree to possess one of them. They cannot be resold without going through Brand for updating and reoutfitting. He tests them all and inspects them before releasing to the new owner. The gen 1 was sold outright but the gen 2 is a legal binding lease. Brand is continually upgrading and tweaking them gen two. Really could be a gen 3 by now I’d imagine. I loved mine but no longer have one.

Incorrect, there has been a buyout option on all the leases for a couple years now. I spoke with Brand about this. Also, if you are currently in line you can opt to pay that extra fee to own the machine outright from the beginning.

Incorrect, there has been a buyout option on all the leases for a couple years now. I spoke with Brand about this. Also, if you are currently in line you can opt to pay that extra fee to own the machine outright from the beginning.

This is news to me, but then why even bother with a lease anymore? Just to have two options?

I tried to sell mine about a year and a half ago and ran into bunch of issues. Thankfully brand helped me resolve them. Nice to know there is an option now. Perhaps I was not the only one.

This is news to me, but then why even bother with a lease anymore? Just to have two options?

I tried to sell mine about a year and a half ago and ran into bunch of issues. Thankfully brand helped me resolve them. Nice to know there is an option now. Perhaps I was not the only one.
Because to buy it outright is about $5,000.00 if memory serves me right. I'm about 10 years into the 25 year lease. Brand did offer a lease buy out but I've opted to keep the lease agreement.

Reactions: Jaymiller5
I'm genuinely curious as to what crowd the Prometheus calls to. Not that it has to fit a reloading/shooting style either - anyone can buy one!

$5K though to buy one outright... Ouch!

View attachment 7066987

I'd be lying if I said I didn't want one just for shits and giggles myself.

Maybe someone will come along soon who knows a guy who knows a guy and is looking to either sell or get out of lease on one.
I have one, and my buddy has 2 of them.

Damn, someone brought this up from the dead....

I have a loaded FX120i and I found a good deal on a Prometheus. Both machines have their strengths.

My FX120i has always had an odd drifting issue. It may be an easy fix, but that's the reason I haven't used it much since I got the Prometheus. If it wasn't for the drifting issue I would buy a second one and sell the Prometheus.

If I find a second Prometheus used, I'll buy it.

Damn, someone brought this up from the dead....

I have a loaded FX120i and I found a good deal on a Prometheus. Both machines have their strengths.

My FX120i has always had an odd drifting issue. It may be an easy fix, but that's the reason I haven't used it much since I got the Prometheus. If it wasn't for the drifting issue I would buy a second one and sell the Prometheus.

If I find a second Prometheus used, I'll buy it.

I have a Prometheus for sale. Let me know if you’re interested.