• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Reloading Equipment FOUND : Quality 223 die set.

Usmcsomerville

USMC Vet
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Nov 21, 2017
    Brighton, MI
    Looking to replace my warn out lee 223 die set, with a higher quality. Let me know what you have.

Found thanks

Last edited:
    My friends uncles cousins grandmas brother says go Mighty Armory Gold and never look back.

Reactions: bunsen27
    i may have a set of bench rest forester dies if i remember right they a very nice but i think i bent the decap rod easy to replace let me know and i will look.

My nephew is in Okinawa with 3/3, he's intel...
    I have some extra 5.56/.233 Dies I'll send ya, I'll get some pictures sent to you before this afternoon.
    Make sure you get the SB (small base) dies, you'll inevitably run across some Lake City brass that was shot through a SAW and it will have a "belly" about a half inch up from the base. Not fun at all trying to extract that live round stuck (damn near welded) in your chamber.

Reactions: Usmcsomerville
    My friends uncles cousins grandmas brother says go Mighty Armory Gold and never look back.
    Although this may have been seen as a tongue in cheek or random off the cuff comment it's actually solid advice. I received my MA Gold Match sizing die this week and it has been VERY impressive.

If that's a little too much in price they also offer their Flag Star line:

As for seating dies I've grown partial to the Hornady Custom seating dies for their ease of set up, consistency and lower cost. You would want Hornady part #044102, which may be a little challenge in todays market. You can backorder it at Brownell's:

These are currently available:

appreciate all the leads. This die set is going to mainly be for loading up vmax and smk loads for my prairie dog hunt this June. I have a really good set for 6.5cm that I use for my precision loads. I am just mainly seeing if someone has a decent set that is just laying around.

i had that set but must have sold them im moving my reloading room if i find them i will let you know.

Reactions: Usmcsomerville
    IMG_6347.JPG
    IMG_6345.JPG
    IMG_6346.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_6347.JPG
      IMG_6347.JPG
      358.4 KB · Views: 14
    I agree with those that recommend a small base sizing die unless you are absolutely certain the brass is virgin or fired in a bolt action.

My Mighty Armory die is nice but is not small base. I use a Dillon carbide sizer when I know the brass needs it.

Reactions: StealthString