• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Accessories Found WTB R700/clone rear entry action wrench with hex

archangel485

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 11, 2018
WY
Does anyone have an action wrench they want to sell? If not I'll order the bugholes one, it's for a Bighorn so the slot in the wrench isn't critical but kind of nice. Let me know if you have something you want to turn into cash. Thanks.

@kindabitey thanks for the suggestion. Do you know if the OTM wrench has a slot for the mechanical extractors? I can remove my extractor if need be, I was just curious.

No, it does not. I had to find mine to check.

You definitely want the slotted wrench so you can swap barrels without removing action from stock.
have you tried the factory Zermatt/bighorn wrench?Altus sells them or maybe brownells.
Or if you purchase a wrench without the slot, you can find someone with a mill and all they need to do is clamp the wrench lug and run a 3/8” end mill along the full length of the lug on the left side for it to slip past the ejector.
Short Action Customs might have a wrench also.

@lawrence97 removing from the stock doesn't bother me much but good point I hadn't thought about that option. I actually have a mill so could do that, or I like you're idea of getting the Zermatt one even better. Matter of fact I just ordered it direct from Zermatt. Thanks!

I use a t-handle wrench since I don’t torque my barrels to any specific ft-lb value other than tight enough.
4FEE394C-9F7D-4403-8DED-DDDB6BB092A6.jpegC19916AE-6399-4677-BEF5-EFE8C253AD54.jpeg81476CCA-BDB1-48ED-9E0C-6B69EB36A11B.jpeg

Reactions: archangel485