• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Optics WTB S&B 3-12x50 USMC spec

flyfisherman246

Private
Minuteman
May 26, 2017
Looking to buy the scope to go on an M40A5 build. Let me know what you have. Thanks

Good luck on your search - one of the scope holy grails, IMO. A buddy of mine sold an M8541 for $7500 a few years ago…they may or may not have gone up since then.

I will not be paying $7500 for a scope. Not sure who would. I have a buddy who bought one last year for $2900.

Yea figured you might not (I wouldn’t either unless I had Bezos money). Just giving a heads up on what I’ve seen them going for.

I will not be paying $7500 for a scope. Not sure who would. I have a buddy who bought one last year for $2900.
To clarify you’re looking for an actual contract article not just a commercial SB 3-12x50 with the USMC spec body and turrets, right?

also, $2900 is a deal of a lifetime for a genuine m8541 contact scope but somewhat in line with what the commercial variant typically brings.

Reactions: Pinmaster
I've seen a few over the years and if you find someone willing to sell you one... that's the hard part. If it is a legit 8541 north of 5k is the norm. One at $2,900 is someone doing the buyer a huge favor or not knowing what they're selling.
Best of luck on your hunt.

It doesn't have to have the m8541 markings on it, but the same specs like body, turrets, and gen 2 mil dot reticle.

To clarify you’re looking for an actual contract article not just a commercial SB 3-12x50 with the USMC spec body and turrets, right?

also, $2900 is a deal of a lifetime for a genuine m8541 contact scope but somewhat in line with what the commercial variant typically brings.
agreed - a USMC marked m8541 going to be up there.

That’s good to hear!!! Thank you.
Anyone have one to sell?
I’ll second what Pinmaster said as I sold mine a few months back for $2500 shipped (I had no box or papers). Very obtainable at the $2500-2700 price point, at least on the Hide.

I might suggest removing the “M8541” from your thread title. Anyone with a commercial SB 3-12x50 available that would otherwise hit you up may pass the thread on by thinking you were only looking for an actual contract scope. Maybe something like “USMC spec” could work in its place.

Keep an eye out on eurooptic. They're out of stock right now but I got mine brand new last year on sale for a list price of $2,560 + tax for model 644-911-972-89-64A38 which is the one you might be looking for with similar specs to the M8541. It has Gen 2 Mil-Dot 3-12x50 double turn MTC CCW .1 mil. Might be worth setting up a notification or reaching out to them to see if they have any on order.

Reactions: deltawiskey