• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

WTB: Sartorius Scale

GungHo

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Nov 12, 2018
Valdosta, GA
Hey just got a broken sartorius in the mail. I think it was damaged during shipment. So im here again looking for one. Willing to do 650$~ or so for a sartorius. However, let me know what you would like.

autotrickler setup welcome :).

Last edited:
Not sure if you know but you can buy the A&D FX120i brand new for around $475

Reactions: wbbh
Michael, I was wondering what happen with your scale. Won't they send you a new one since your's was delivered damaged? Or the damage should be covered by the shipper I would think. The Sartorius is a great scale. I'm not sure I shoot well enough for it.

Not sure if you know but you can buy the A&D FX120i brand new for around $475

ohhh didn't know the price. I saw 725. I might end up buying new then. However, I'd like the increased precision with the sartorius

Michael, I was wondering what happen with your scale. Won't they send you a new one since your's was delivered damaged? Or the damage should be covered by the shipper I would think. The Sartorius is a great scale. I'm not sure I shoot well enough for it.

You say "they" but it was just an ordinary member on here. He didn't want to do any of those things you mentioned so I had to return it(forcibly return it) with Paypal goods and services dispute.

Make sure you enter discount code CAMBRIDGE. It will drop the price to $470.

The FX120i reads a single kernel of Varget and H4350...honestly not sure how much more precise one needs to be than that, but that’s just my opinion

Make sure you enter discount code CAMBRIDGE. It will drop the price to $470.

The FX120i reads a single kernel of Varget and H4350...honestly not sure how much more precise one needs to be than that, but that’s just my opinion

i read on here it sometimes cant read a single kernel of h4350 since it can be .015

Reactions: Backcountryguy
7BFBC4BE-720A-4870-A033-9FC4B9DF7E18.jpeg

I measure using grams instead of grains.

You could also consider the A&D Fx200i scale. Basically the same scale. The A&D scale with Auto Trickler and Auto Throw is a great system. Fast and accurate. But the Auto Trickler and V3 Throws are taking around 2 months to ship due to demand. But worth the wait.

Attachments

• 20190921_114229.jpg
    20190921_114229.jpg
    277.1 KB · Views: 58
Reactions: GungHo
I use the FX120i with the autotrickler and this combo is superb. In both milligram and grain mode the scale has more resolution than a single kernel of extruded powder. Yes milligram mode is slightly better than grain mode, about 30% more resolution.

Unless you intend to cut kernels in half (a totally OCD idea - avoid!), you will not benefit enough from the more expensive Sartorius to justify the price differential.

Just my opinion.

Last edited:
Btw: In the latest Brian Litz book, he compared the SD of muzzle velocity for different scales: A milligram scale (0.02 grain resolution, just a bit less than one kernel of H4350) was only slightly better than a scale like the RCBS 1500 that has 0.1 grain resolution (about 3-4 kernels of powder). Clearly there are seriously diminishing returns beyond 0.05 grain resolution.

Other factors like concentricity and neck tension variance plays a bigger role than getting the weight correct to a single kernel.

Edit: And case capacity.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Have not tracked Sartorius scale specs or prices the past few years. What is the preferred Sartorius scale for weighing powder?

Found this one, around $1,000.

So not cheap.

Last edited:
Xxtg

I think you are a wee bit unrealistic. If you can find a Entris for $650, I’ll take two.

I bought a supposedly working one on here for 675 and got an offer for 620 on ebay. The one on ebay had a bid war and sold for 650. Sadly i didn't accept the offer. Then the one i bought on here broke during transit or perhaps it was already broken before it was sent.

Here it is: the Sartorius you wanted for 650$ that i could've gotten for 620$

Bump

Last edited:
I bought a supposedly working one on here for 675 and got an offer for 620 on ebay. The one on ebay had a bid war and sold for 650. Sadly i didn't accept the offer. Then the one i bought on here broke during transit or perhaps it was already broken before it was sent.

Here it is: the Sartorius you wanted for 650$ that i could've gotten for 620$

Bump

With all due respect. You are an idiot for not buying it.

• Sad
The top end Sartorius scales are excellent, but pricey. Super accurate - but probably way more than you need for reloading.

I use an A&D FX120i, and very happy with the 0.02 gn resolution. In milligram mode you gain a little more resolution, but you don’t need it for powder charge measurement (one kernel of powder reads 2-3 milligram).

The FX120i settles to the right nr very quickly because it uses force restoration technology. It is not just about scale resolution.

After much experimentation, i have come to the conclusion that a scale with 0.05 grain resolution is good enough (2 kernels of powder, about equivalent to 3-5 fps) - if you shoot at steel targets. An F- class or long range BR competitor might need a bit more.

There are other sources of variation that dominate your ES, like variable neck tension, slightly difference amounts of primer compound, a gradual rise in barrel temperature and progressive barrel fouling, faint carbon rings, etc.

Last edited: