• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

WTB WTB - Savage 243 Win prefit barrel

Wanting To Buy

lead ƒarmer

Gun Loving Redneck
Supporter
Minuteman
Feb 19, 2010
Prosser, WA
I am in the market for a 243 Savage small shank barrel. Figured I’d see if there are any available before starting the 3-4 month wait on a new order. Ideally I’m looking for 20-22” with a medium contour heavy enough to thread 5/8x24. 9 twist for varmint bullets.

I have been buying take off Savage varmint barrels off of ebay for $150-250 for the past few barrel jobs on my Nucleus actions.

Every single one has been a half inch rifle. By the time they are no longer a half inch rifle, I have another one found.

My smith charges $75 to thread the muzzle and install them. So my cost out the door is usually $300 shipped.

Not sure what you have locally, but it is worth a thought.

I ordered a name barrel last year for a 6mm BR project and could never get better than half an inch out of it on another Nucleus.

I've got a 26" 6creed criterion, low rd count and is a laser. Not exactly what you specified, but I'd shoot you a good deal.
20200226_140628.jpg
5rds with 105hybrid
20200426_090252.jpg

1st shot didn't get a reading for some reason.