• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Accessories WTB: SCAR AR-15 buffer tube adapter

The tube is removable. It is dovetailed into the endcap adapter. Not sure if that helps.

The stock im installing requires the screw area that a buffer tube would go into if that makes sense. Otherwise I’d love your Vltor one.

FYI: The OEM polymer hinge was designed to help absorb the recoil of that heavy BCG. Owners have had issues with aftermarket butt stocks backing out or canting the rear receiver screws due to the added force of an aluminum backing plate. There is a potential to permanently damage your receiver. Quite a few guys highly advise against after market stocks. If you do this, you may want to at least consider replacing the rear receiver screws, add an aftermarket buffer pad and tune down the gas. You'll also want to keep an eye on your receiver screws to make sure they aren't backing out. Just an FYI

Reactions: camocorvette
FYI: The OEM polymer hinge was designed to help absorb the recoil of that heavy BCG. Owners have had issues with aftermarket butt stocks backing out or canting the rear receiver screws due to the added force of an aluminum backing plate. There is a potential to permanently damage your receiver. Quite a few guys highly advise against after market stocks. If you do this, you may want to at least consider replacing the rear receiver screws, add an aftermarket buffer pad and tune down the gas. You'll also want to keep an eye on your receiver screws to make sure they aren't backing out. Just an FYI

I have over 1500 rounds on my rifle using that adapter and no issues.