• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Accessories WTB, Specific N95 Masks for my 3 kids whom are front line RN’s, PLEASE READ

dave300

Sergeant
Minuteman
  • Feb 27, 2013
    Las Vegas, Nevada
    Thank you for looking, and Mods if this not ok, please PM me and Ill pull the post down.

If anyone has an avenue to sell or point me to a supplier, I am willing to pay for any help and of course buy the masks theirselves.

Safe Life N95 Respirator & Surgical Mask

Model B130

Size S/M

My daughters and son in law are RN’s here in Las Vegas/Henderson (Sunrise ICU, Nellis Air Force Base ER, and St Rose DeLima ER) and have expressed a distinct interest in this particular brand/model, saying “they are easy to wear under their other mask and fit good around the nose”.

Again, I am willing to pay a premium or a finders fee, and I absolutely give my word these are and will be immediately put to use for my front line RN’s. Absolutely do not want a donation, I would be more than happy to buy them!
    The 2 boxes (2 box limit) I was able to procur came from Sportsmans Guide and are no longer even shown.

Thank you in advance for any help.
    Dave
    9E314388-C0D7-4F10-A90D-4397904979B0.jpeg

These don't look like a legitimate N95 to me. N95s need to be fit tested, and then tested for a proper seal to be effective. Those may be an N95 material, but they look like normal procedure/surgical masks the way it fits.

Not trying to play mask police at all, so please don't take it that way. Mask make/type requirements are constantly changing for us. Just trying to figure out what they are being required to wear as it may open up more options.

These don't look like a legitimate N95 to me. N95s need to be fit tested, and then tested for a proper seal to be effective. Those may be an N95 material, but they look like normal procedure/surgical masks the way it fits.

Not trying to play mask police at all, so please don't take it that way. Mask make/type requirements are constantly changing for us. Just trying to figure out what they are being required to wear as it may open up more options.
    All three are at work at the moment, but I can tell you they are not short of any PPE, this was by preference and gets cleared for them to use.
    I’m gathering this is driven mostly by comfort.

Understood. I personally hate the elastic horizontal straps, but to each their own. The other thing I've seen that's getting super popular here is headbands. The girls wear their hair in a pony with like an athletic headband that has buttons sewn on the sides. Then they use the ear loop masks - but put the loops on the headband buttons instead of their ears. Having to wear a mask all day every day for 9 months and counting isn't fun.

Understood. I personally hate the elastic horizontal straps, but to each their own. The other thing I've seen that's getting super popular here is headbands. The girls wear their hair in a pony with like an athletic headband that has buttons sewn on the sides. Then they use the ear loop masks - but put the loops on the headband buttons instead of their ears. Having to wear a mask all day every day for 9 months and counting isn't fun.
    Thanks and do I’ve heard. @gregpiet, member here 3D printed those behind the head holders avoiding the elastic behind the ears.
    Thx for the post 👍

Now I agree you Must be fit tested for all different manufacturers of n95 masks. At least where I work you do. If you are fit tested for 3m and not cardinal then that is all you can wear, and vice versa. But if you are fit tested for both then you can wear both. However they mandate us to wear the mask and goggles.

Reactions: dave300