• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

WTB Vintage Green Redfield 3x9

M40Jake

Private
Minuteman
Sep 12, 2017
Looking to find an Original vintage Green Redfield 3x9, since I have to put a price let’s say $2k+. Please PM me if you have one or have any leads on one. Thanks.

Last edited:
Reactions: Itsadryheat
Already been there, thanks, a lot better chances finding on here or M14forum than the M40rifle forum.

Out of the original 600 or so means not many left out there and there are a few counterfeits to beware of due to demand after a couple of reproduction M40s came out around 2006-2007. Actual attrition due to using an off the shelf hunting scope in Vietnam pretty much ruined any that saw extensive service. All it took was the equivalent of one PRS match to break it. They really are military surplus junk. Why people want to pay so much for one is beyond my passion.

Last edited by a moderator:
Culpepper, nailed it on the durability piece, they are fragile and it doesn’t take much for the accurange tombstone to break free or something else to go wrong, these appeal to a collector like myself, who spends time gathering all surplus take off M40 parts for a build and want the closest thing to a real deal M40 without spending $40k+ at a Rock Island auction. It’s the nostalgic and historical aspect that drives the passion behind doing a build like this but I can totally agree to the aspect that it is a lot of money for something that won’t get used a lot if any at all and in comparison to modern optics is usually classified as junk.

Culpepper, nailed it on the durability piece, they are fragile and it doesn’t take much for the accurange tombstone to break free or something else to go wrong, these appeal to a collector like myself, who spends time gathering all surplus take off M40 parts for a build and want the closest thing to a real deal M40 without spending $40k+ at a Rock Island auction. It’s the nostalgic and historical aspect that drives the passion behind doing a build like this but I can totally agree to the aspect that it is a lot of money for something that won’t get used a lot if any at all and in comparison to modern optics is usually classified as junk.

True. I spend plenty of time with M14 collectors, and they/I spend inordinate amounts of money on gun parts, stocks, USGI parts, etc. That doesn’t mean the rifle is going to be miles better than current offerings, but when you want real stuff, you just want it......

On a side note, if I bump into said Redfield scope in my travels, I’ll let you know.

Looking to find an Original vintage Green Redfield 3x9, since I have to put a price let’s say $2k+. Please PM me if you have one or have any leads on one. Thanks.

Sir,
Just spotted your WTB for a 60's vintage USMC Redfield "Greenie".....I have one you might be interested in, it has the correct "F" prefix
serial #, exhibits the various shades of the green anodizing on the exterior surfaces, there are a VERY few surface blemishes, the "Tombstone" is intact.
I'll be happy to provide pics and other info upon request...…...Please contact me @ [email protected] OR [email protected]
(I'm a consultant for Ruger here in Prescott Arizona)
Jerry

If somebody has one to offer please PM me instead of posting your info on here like the above post, that’s why I stated in my first post “please PM me” I have been very busy with work lately and only had been logging on periodically to check for any PM’s and didn’t notice the reply above and somebody swooped in and picked that one up of course.

If somebody has one to offer please PM me instead of posting your info on here like the above post, that’s why I stated in my first post “please PM me” I have been very busy with work lately and only had been logging on periodically to check for any PM’s and didn’t notice the reply above and somebody swooped in and picked that one up of course.

I see your WTB post Is from November of 2018.. I know you are currently enlisted and don't always have the ability to get on the internet every day.. this was a span of a few days and someone stepped in and picked this optic up. Complete dick move on whoever did this. A PM should have been sent so the information was between the seller and OP. I know M40jake is a solid guy and serving our beloved Country as we speak... I was happy for him to obtain a hard to find optic such as this.. I hope you are able to find another.