• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

WTF abcnews.com????

9H_Cracka

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 15, 2005
WAY off base (COS CO)
So I link to a news story off Yahoo! news. It takes me to ABCNews.com - and every other video that is auto playing is an ad for you know who for pres....

What ever happened to an unbiased press? This is from the top town of one of the largest press conglomerates in the world....

Re: WTF abcnews.com????

25pmsjn.jpg

b8uME.jpg

You mean people actually pay for that?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lowlight</div><div class="ubbcode-body">They buy the ad space, it's free enterprise.... you can purchase exposure. </div></div>

It's as simple as that^. I'm stunned people still look at the media as altruistic entities just trying to inform the people. Media (TV, newspapers, websites) keep the lights on and their employees paid by selling advertising. They are not NGOs just out there to let you know what's going on.

Here's a great book on the subject: All the News That's Fit To Sell. Hamilton was a professor of mine, and though his lectures were a bit bland, his message was dead on. The media has ZERO responsibility to report the "truth" (whatever that is). The media is a business with a product to sell. Don't hate the player, hate the game.