• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

WTF happened to Sand Magpul magazines????

KAIFS

-mistake recognized is half-corrected-
Minuteman
Nov 6, 2019
Midwest, USA!
was going to get a dozen of:
MagPul Pmag M3 5.56 Magazine with Window 30-Rounder MAG556-SND (Sand)
just to find out everyone is OOS. Sold 20 new ones I had to a buddy for $150 (he dyed his for matches), which is what I paid for em about 6-7mo ago... Figured Buds will probably have em cheaper than $7.50, as usual.... Now need some for myself to dye and its like Magpul has discontinued em or something....
any idea what is up with SAND window 30rd magazines and also, where can I get a dozen or two?

Thank you.

Reactions: Gasgun
They have been discontinued by MagPul.
There may be a couple of retailers that still have some old stock, but you may have to hunt around a bit.

LOL. Yeah, the sand was an experiement to dye your own color. We have a bunch of them. Did not know they were discontinued. So many this today, that tomorrow. If you are looking, PM me. We used them to custom color with Duracoat or Cerakote, but I have heard spray paint is popular.

LOL. Yeah, the sand was an experiement to dye your own color. We have a bunch of them. Did not know they were discontinued. So many this today, that tomorrow. If you are looking, PM me. We used them to custom color with Duracoat or Cerakote, but I have heard spray paint is popular.
My hero and thank you, sending you an IM.

They pop up on the EE on arfcom fairly often, but they are not cheap. Not sure why Magpul dropped them... they obviously felt that the Coyote mags were the better of the colors.

My question is where do you get Magpul M3 w/window mags for SEVEN DOLLARS?

Seriously, no shit PM me, I'll buy a fuckload of 'em at that price.

Reactions: deersniper
I checked and buygunstuff.com has black for $11.59, each. I've bought a Magpul PRS stock, UBR stock and various Magpul 5.56 and 7.62 mags from them. They have the best prices on Magpul, that I've found and they are quick to ship.

Last edited:
Does anyone else remember reading a long post by a magpul rep about how they accidentally discovered the sand colored pmags were even stronger than black? It was either m4carbine.net or ar15.com three or four years ago.