• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

WTF... I mean WFT The Worlds Finest Trimmer.

dieselgeek

Do you even Shoot Bro?
Minuteman
Dec 1, 2010
Dallas, Texas
I've been using this for quite a while now, I feel it's a great product, and it really knocks down my reloading time.

[video=youtube_share;G2z-IL5RbFg]http://youtu.be/G2z-IL5RbFg[/video]

I use the little Possum Hollow versions of the same style. Great time savers, just have to trim after sizing since they are based off the shoulder and deburr the case mouth afterwards.

I love these WFTs since I discovered them a little over a year ago. I now have 4 in my favorite bottleneck calibers and plan to pick up a 5th one when I take delivery a new custom rifle I have being built.

Just picked up 1 myself. Great little tool for the money. Once in the groove, you can really trim some brass!

I tried to order a different brand off eBay last year on the cheap but the guy never sent it so I ponied up for one of these and haven't been a bit sorry. I usually process 1000 rounds of 223 at a time and it makes it much easier than my Lyman trimmer.

i have one also and find it quick. i also have the sinclair trimmer with the micrometer adjustment and have gotten pretty fast with it too. the biggest issue i have with the wft is adjusting it seems sort of hit or miss. you loosen the retaining screws and slide it along the shaft. also i've wondered if the two retaining screws, if tightened differently, will leave the trimmer a bit off center.

May try to improvise I slightly less dangerous shavings catcher (I'm clumsy) but that is a great tool!

I use the little Possum Hollow versions of the same style. Great time savers, just have to trim after sizing since they are based off the shoulder and deburr the case mouth afterwards.

I bought a couple of the Possum Hollow trimmers.
Great tools for the money or even several times the money.

Joe

They now make a 2nd version that you can change the case stop and use the same body and cutter . Arnie

I'm really having trouble with the WFT.... After full length resizing my 223 casings , and retumble them I cannot for the life of me get the case out of WFT after trimming. Any help out there??

Are you getting a wide 'bur' on the case mouth? If you mash to hard (feed to fast) the cutter sometimes smears a bit. Slow your feed rate and see if it improves.

Tried the PH and they work but not nearly as well as the WFT. With the PH the whole tool spins and the shoulder of case rubs on the rubber insert. Makes for friction and heat leaving marks on the case (not much) but also wears out the rubber. It's not a big deal and they do work but the WFT is the BOMB! Poor mans Giraud. The bearing allows the outside to sping but leaves the case contact static. Smooth and easy. It takes much less pressure thereby allowing you to go faster with less hand fatique. My carpal tunnel is bad enough. :(

I have four of the WFT's too. Great kit for sure.

I see two more WFT's in my future for 6.5 Grendel and Creedmoor, after picking up one for 308, and another for 223. Biggest issue I have is figuring why I sat on my ass so long before buying them. Cuts prep time from RCBS trimmer by 2/3rds, especially after first firing fresh brass

I use a Giraud personally, but I don't have any issues with the WFT. The real issue is buying cheap Chinese prison labor electric drills at Harbor Freight. Everyone buying cheap Chinese crap is ruining the U.S. economy and displacing American Jobs and money.

I just used my new one for the first time. It is stupidly easy to use and stupidly easy to setup. It gets my manly nod of approval.

I have one and it works well once you get it set. That's the part that's a pain in a**, getting it set. Be nice if they had a mic to adjust the trim length. I've gotten away from it and use my RCBS auto trimmer. Not as fast, but when you consider it chamfers and deburs at the same time, it's probably a wash. And it has a mic to adjust length.