• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

WTF is REALLY going on with the job market?

HKslave

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Apr 4, 2022
NC
So this is not a post looking for job opportunities, far from it.
I recently left my job at a gun store to be a full time dad temporarily, but also because answering 1000 phone calls a day from people asking "Yall got any 9mm?" for two years straight has caused my sanity to erode to the point that my left eye now permanently twitches and I wake up sweating profusely from vivid night terrors where Im trapped behind a cash register with a line of imbeciles a mile long that are ALL wondering why primers are now $200 a box.

So, after about 2 months of doing nothing but trying to raise the kiddo up right, Ive begun to apply for some jobs. So far 1 of every 2 applications Ive submitted has called back for an Interview, and Ive gotten hired for 2 different jobs on the spot (more on that later). By the way, nobody is doing real interviews anymore, like where they ask you about your background and experience before telling you they'll call you back so the next guy can get seen. No, its "Do you have a drivers license? What days are you available? Great, when can you start?"

So far, most of the interviews ive gone to ive had to drive 30 minutes into the closest metropolitan area to me to go up to these big nice offices in skyscrapers downtown, and the whole presentation of the company is big and flashy, until they finally get to the part where they tell you what your actually doing, and it turns out to be a gig selling phone plans at a booth in walmart or going door to door to try and con people into some bogus insurance or pest control plan etc.

So for one, it seems like employers are blowing their outfits WAY out of proportion on the listings they post on indeed. But anyways...

Now, the offers I had initially accepted were both headquartered in locations like the places described above. The first was a security outfit run by a single guy who took bids on jobs, and I ended up backing out of the job I had accepted because he only wanted to pay $13 an hour for un-armed overnight security jobs in sketchy locations that he himself was not even familiar with, which meant he wanted me to drive 1hr-1hr and a half to some random truck stop out in the country he had never been to so I could scope it out for him and sit in some shack all night to chase hookers off the lot or something to that extent.

The second job i "took" was also in a big fancy building. Its an event staffing place that started employees out at $17.50 an hour. Not the best wage, but not the worst. They praised themselves as being a positive team with flexibility to let you make your own schedule and they quote "urgently needed 50 to 100 new employees" to do valet, traffic coordination and what not. So I do the training and stuff and get signed up on their scheduling app, and theres like 7 to 14 hours per week TOPS available to work. Thats hardly even worth spending the gas money to show up at the job for that many hours per week, after they PROMISED they had TONS of upcoming events they desperately needed people for. So needless to say I probably wont be runnin with this gig for very long.

SO IF YOU ACTUALLY READ ALL THAT, wtf is going on? Is the only reason there are so many available jobs because freelance entrepreneurs have all left their previous employers to strike out and run countless crappy businesses out of nice offices that were offering discounted rates on rental space because of the coronavirus pandemic?
Why does it seem like literally EVERY place of employment is hemorrhaging workers and cant find anyone to replace them? Making $17.50 an hour now is like making $13 an hour 2 years ago because of Brandon fucking up our gas prices.

TL;DR

What is REALLY causing places to need employees so bad even when unemployed people seem to be staying unemployed? The govt benefits are drying up by now, what the fuck is going on?

Reactions: Frgood
unskilled labor doesn't pay as much as unemployment. Get a "trade", learn a skill. Welding, plumbing, electrical, carpentry, insert some job that requires thinking. Working a counter at a retail store, especially gun stores that charge over MSRP is not a job that will pay well.

unskilled labor doesn't pay as much as unemployment. Get a "trade", learn a skill. Welding, plumbing, electrical, carpentry, insert some job that requires thinking. Working a counter at a retail store, especially gun stores that charge over MSRP is not a job that will pay well.
Well yeah me or any of the other guys on here that work at a LGS could tell you that the pay is shit. I actually went to trade school and got a welding cert but quit to work at a gun store because the pay was shit but the jobs were shittier. Like climbing inside a boiler that might be about to explode to change the tubes out in pitch darkness while youre contorted like a human pretzel shitty.

Most of the office positions im seeing on indeed that require a college degree (which I also have) are only paying about $20 an hour, which is really not all that great relatively speaking.

The wife and I have talked about this as length. We came up with what I think is the answer a while back and it checks out the more I talk to people who own a business as well as people who are working their normal job that they 'survived' through all the covid bullshit with. They all say very similar things.

It's the beginning of what we call "The Great Millenial Give Up".

Where are all of the employees when there are 1000 'help wanted' ads up literally everywhere? They fucking gave up. Not in a sense that they gave up because the odds were against them, but in a sense that they generally made bad life decisions and really got nowhere in life, didn't have or want to have what it took to actually succeed and came to the honest realization that this was true.

This coincided with a 'pandemic' that gave them not only an excuse, but a mandate to stay at home and do literally nothing and receive as much, or more income than they received based on their worth to society, which usually wasn't much. The 'safe spaces' and social justice bullshit took a backseat to sitting at home in your underwear, getting high, playing XBOX and having the .gov paying you to do it all with no real end in sight.

Days turned to weeks. Weeks to months. Months to basically 2 years of this. This was long enough for them to 'adapt' to a sedentary, isolationist lifestyle where the entire free market system basically ceased to exist to them. Why? They don't 'need' it and they don't want to deal with it again because all it meant to them was bullshit work, low wages and made up shit like the reason that they fail so bad is because whyd peopo or some dumb shit.

This was the first shoe to drop. Basically taking them out of our society as producers in any degree and making them subsidized consumers. Divorcing them from society was very easy as society really never gave them anything and they were easily done with it.

Then came the market adjustments due to the fake pandemic, inflation and supply shortages. Target where I live has been openly advertising that they are paying $25/hour for positions I could do if I was blackout drunk. Local restaurants and business are all offering a ridiculous starting wage that literally NOONE deserves working there. So will they all come back and get a fucking job; because remember the whole push to $15/hour and that would fix everything? Of fucking course not.

The mentality is this. They have separated themselves from basically the outside world. They also continue to make horrible life decisions. They don't really need a car or want car insurance because they'll just Uber it. They don't want health insurance because why? Going to work costs gas, is inconvenient and a primary trigger for their made up mental disorders. They happily defeat themselves into living in their parents/uncles/friends basement or that extra room in the house that they basically never leave. Give them wifi to overspend on DoorDash 2-3x a day and to get on Instagram, they are GTG.

Plan B is to work a 'gig' job at Target making 25/hr until they have enough money for the rent their parents have been bugging them about or that trip they want to go on. Then they quit and file unemployment again. Rinse/repeat.

I have 2 friends who own trade businesses that can't find employees and are backlogged until basically forever. They say they constantly have people calling them about a job who have 0 experience, couldn't pass a drug test if there was a 10k bonus for doing so and didn't leave you with a question as to if they are not totally fucking retarded after a phone call. Oh, they all want $35/hr+ or its just not 'worth it' to them; I'm sure their resumes consist of jobs at a convenience store, jail, and 14 different jobs over 18 months.

They are completely divorced from reality and society. There is a large segment of them out there who are back to being children living at home and actually have 'my parents inheritance' as a future plan on how to subsist.

The problem for them is, within a year or so all of the benefits are gone and all of that 'oh you can stay here' is going to come due. People will NEED to go back to doing something and by that time they'll all be standing there with the same poor look on their face when they realize that 25/hr job is not back to $9.

And no one will care.

I don't have a college degree. I have 32 years of experience. 24 years active duty military climbing/maintaining/building antennas. Now my job title is "Senior Systems Engineer", working communications electronics.

Get off your ass, get a skill worthy of a paycheck, and quit bitching about what you think the world owes you. It doesn't owe you one damn thing.

The wife and I have talked about this as length. We came up with what I think is the answer a while back and it checks out the more I talk to people who own a business as well as people who are working their normal job that they 'survived' through all the covid bullshit with. They all say very similar things.

Where are all of the employees when there are 1000 'help wanted' ads up literally everywhere? They fucking gave up. Not in a sense that they gave up because the odds were against them, but in a sense that they generally made bad life decisions and really got nowhere in life, didn't have or want to have what it took to actually succeed and came to the honest realization that this was true.

This coincided with a 'pandemic' that gave them not only an excuse, but a mandate to stay at home and do literally nothing and receive as much, or more income than they received based on their worth to society, which usually wasn't much. The 'safe spaces' and social justice bullshit took a backseat to sitting at home in your underwear, getting high, playing XBOX and having the .gov paying you to do it all with no real end in sight.

Days turned to weeks. Weeks to months. Months to basically 2 years of this. This was long enough for them to 'adapt' to a sedentary, isolationist lifestyle where the entire free market system basically ceased to exist to them. Why? They don't 'need' it and they don't want to deal with it again because all it meant to them was bullshit work, low wages and made up shit like the reason that they fail so bad is because whyd peopo or some dumb shit.

This was the first shoe to drop. Basically taking them out of our society as producers in any degree and making them subsidized consumers. Divorcing them from society was very easy as society really never gave them anything and they were easily done with it.

Then came the market adjustments due to the fake pandemic, inflation and supply shortages. Target where I live has been openly advertising that they are paying $25/hour for positions I could do if I was blackout drunk. Local restaurants and business are all offering a ridiculous starting wage that literally NOONE deserves working there. So will they all come back and get a fucking job; because remember the whole push to $15/hour and that would fix everything? Of fucking course not.

The mentality is this. They have separated themselves from basically the outside world. They also continue to make horrible life decisions. They don't really need a car or want car insurance because they'll just Uber it. They don't want health insurance because why? Going to work costs gas, is inconvenient and a primary trigger for their made up mental disorders. They happily defeat themselves into living in their parents/uncles/friends basement or that extra room in the house that they basically never leave. Give them wifi to overspend on DoorDash 2-3x a day and to get on Instagram, they are GTG.

Plan B is to work a 'gig' job at Target making 25/hr until they have enough money for the rent their parents have been bugging them about or that trip they want to go on. Then they quit and file unemployment again. Rinse/repeat.

I have 2 friends who own trade businesses that can't find employees and are backlogged until basically forever. They say they constantly have people calling them about a job who have 0 experience, couldn't pass a drug test if there was a 10k bonus for doing so and didn't leave you with a question as to if they are not totally fucking retarded after a phone call. Oh, they all want $35/hr+ or its just not 'worth it' to them; I'm sure their resumes consist of jobs at a convenience store, jail, and 14 different jobs over 18 months.

They are completely divorced from reality and society. There is a large segment of them out there who are back to being children living at home and actually have 'my parents inheritance' as a future plan on how to subsist.

The problem for them is, within a year or so all of the benefits are gone and all of that 'oh you can stay here' is going to come due. People will NEED to go back to doing something and by that time they'll all be standing there with the same poor look on their face when they realize that 25/hr job is not back to $9.

And no one will care.
Well this may be partially true, but I think it may be skewed this way where you live, especially if youre in a major city.

Where are you that Target is paying $25 an hour? that $10 more than the Targets around me are paying and they are desperate too, or so it seems.

Im actually in the tail end of the millenial generation, but ive been working for the entirety of the pandemic and only recently quit my job due to entirely unrelated reasons (well not ENTIRELY, if you read my first paragraph).
But anyways, the other problem I see with this theory is its not just young people, I know of guys that are in their 60s that lost their jobs when the pandemic initially hit and were out of work for a while for that reason or because they were actually sick with long term corona, and now that they are trying to go back to work, despite the "Booming Job market" they cant get hired, which seems very strange to me.

I think part of your theory is accurate, but it seems like there are many extenuating circumstances that are unforseen and they all vary from state to state.

I was happy to have a part time job that payed $18 an hour so I could have time to raise my child and not put her in day care, but 7-12 hours a week REALLY is not worth it with gas now. When I was thinking part time, I wanted 20-30 hours a week. I never complained about the pay, I wanted the hours.

Needless to say, yes im a millenial and Im frustrated. But I have not collected unemployment ever and I didnt even get the entirety of the stimulus package share I was supposed to based on my income. So, with that said, I still dont know WTF is going on.

Well yeah me or any of the other guys on here that work at a LGS could tell you that the pay is shit. I actually went to trade school and got a welding cert but quit to work at a gun store because the pay was shit but the jobs were shittier. Like climbing inside a boiler that might be about to explode to change the tubes out in pitch darkness while youre contorted like a human pretzel shitty.

Most of the office positions im seeing on indeed that require a college degree (which I also have) are only paying about $20 an hour, which is really not all that great relatively speaking.
Excuses, excuses. If you were good, they would pay you WELL for your skill. Sounds like you just want to blame everyone because you aren't willing to put in the work. I know this well. Had many people under my charge that just couldn't hang. Work hard, play hard, doesn't mean sitting on the bed playing video games sucking down energy drinks.

Excuses, excuses. If you were good, they would pay you WELL for your skill. Sounds like you just want to blame everyone because you aren't willing to put in the work. I know this well. Had many people under my charge that just couldn't hang. Work hard, play hard, doesn't mean sitting on the bed playing video games sucking down energy drinks.
You are going on the same assumption that everyone does when they hear someone admit they are a millenial. Are you another boomer that just likes to shit on millenials?

Those particular contract jobs didnt have anyone that stuck around. Good welders go to school for longer than average ones do. That is a fact, not a generational thing. I only got sent in for very basic welding certs, not the crazy multi million dollar under water welding project. And no, thats not because "those meanys wouldnt let me in their program", it was because I honestly lost interest in the trade as a whole. The truth is the most jobs that you qualify for with basic welding training pay shitty.

Reactions: shoobe01
it really sounds like you're living in your mom's basement. If that's the case, she probably has cable/internet access for you. Take a few hours and stream "Dirty Jobs", maybe that will give you some motivation...or you'll curl up in the fetal position scared of what could be....
Alright, so what is it that you do thats so great big shot?

Multiple reasons. Our job market started taking a turn for the worse after the crash/big bank bail-out of 2008. That shook a lot of faith out of the economy, and started turning into survival of the fittest among industries. Off-shoring products has become the norm. Now add that to what's been happening over the last couple years : Corona related unemployment benefits are still going strong in some places, Boomers retiring, more people doing the "gig" economy thing and going self employed. Pay scales not keeping up with inflation; inflation has risen to something like 8% over the last year alone while 3% yearly raise has been standardized over the past decade or so. Big businesses have been treating employees like commodities for decades now, nobody wants to work under those conditions.

Multiple reasons. Our job market started taking a turn for the worse after the crash/big bank bail-out of 2008. That shook a lot of faith out of the economy, and started turning into survival of the fittest among industries. Off-shoring products has become the norm. Now add that to what's been happening over the last couple years : Corona related unemployment benefits are still going strong in some places, Boomers retiring, more people doing the "gig" economy thing and going self employed. Pay scales not keeping up with inflation; inflation has risen to something like 8% over the last year alone while 3% yearly raise has been standardized over the past decade or so. Big businesses have been treating employees like commodities for decades now, nobody wants to work under those conditions.
Oh no dont say that people shouldnt want to be treated like commodities, @Cowpokey thinks everyone who says that is just a whiner who cant get their shit together.

My wife is from Korea, met her the day after I got there in 1996, married her a year later. She went though cosmetology school (we payed for that too), now she owns a barbershop, making well over $175k/year.
Alright, so what is it that you do thats so great big shot?
I'm a Senior Systems Engineer...did I stutter, or did your ears flap? I make $107k/year for that job, and another $36k/year military retirement. I don't need to justify what I do to you. You are LAZY.

My nephew wanted to come to the east coast for "a better chance at making money". He lived in my basement for a couple months, went to one job interview for doing granite cabinet counter tops, they offered him a job on the spot, $25/hour...he lasted one day. Quit because he said nobody else on the crew spoke English...said he'd never work for a company that hired illegals...put his lazy ass on a plane back to AZ the next morning.

Ain't that the truth.

I keep hearing this line, "spread the wealth. Rich people are stingy, the masses will spend and circulate the cash."

Aneurysm. Thank god I'm not a poor and I don't have to argue with them.

I was a poor for a long time, mostly because my wife thought payday was free money....I still love her, been married 25 years...but now that she owns her own business (making more money than me), we get along better. I still pay all the bills, I'm the man (provider) like that. Damn you [insert patriarchy, white supremacy, bullshit here].

My wife is from Korea, met her the day after I got there in 1996, married her a year later. She went though cosmetology school (we payed for that too), now she owns a barbershop, making well over $175k/year.

I'm a Senior Systems Engineer...did I stutter, or did your ears flap? I make $107k/year for that job, and another $36k/year military retirement. I don't need to justify what I do to you. You are LAZY.

My nephew wanted to come to the east coast for "a better chance at making money". He lived in my basement for a couple months, went to one job interview for doing granite cabinet counter tops, they offered him a job on the spot, $25/hour...he lasted one day. Quit because he said nobody else on the crew spoke English...said he'd never work for a company that hired illegals...put his lazy ass on a plane back to AZ the next morning.
Good for you sounds like you really instilled some solid values in him.

Yeah i read what you do for a living. If you came here to gloat about that then congratulations, do want an award? I asked what it is that you do with your life thats so great besides calling people you dont know on the internet lazy worthless assholes, because thats generally something that people who are actually lazy worthless assholes do, who may or may not still live in their moms basement.

I was a poor for a long time, mostly because my wife thought payday was free money....I still love her, been married 25 years...but now that she owns her own business (making more money than me), we get along better. I still pay all the bills, I'm the man (provider) like that. Damn you [insert patriarchy, white supremacy, bullshit here].
I found my white privilege card. I keep it right next to the alarm clock. That way I don't forget it on my way to work.

Good for you sounds like you really instilled some solid values in him.

Yeah i read what you do for a living. If you came here to gloat about that then congratulations, do want an award? I asked what it is that you do with your life thats so great besides calling people you dont know on the internet lazy worthless assholes, because thats generally something that people who are actually lazy worthless assholes do, who may or may not still live in their moms basement.
My nephew is actually doing quite well now; I guess that was the kick in the ass he finally needed. He has gotten his 100 ton captain's license out in San Diego, and working more than he sleeps.

Oh how I could break this apart and explain it to you...but I doubt you'd ever understand.

Ain't that the truth.

I keep hearing this line, "spread the wealth. Rich people are stingy, the masses will spend and circulate the cash."

wypipo in europe weren't buying enough new tvs and phones, and weren't having enough babies to create more consumers.
the solution was to create "refugees" with unjustified wars, force their migration into europe, then tax the crap out of the remaining producers to give these new consumers some money to buy their shit. migrants have cell phones, apartments, televisions, but no jobs.
they will and are trying to create that same dependent class here so there is no way to survive without some kind of socialist system.
@TheGerman will have to pay for all our shit.

Ain't that the truth.

Dude you immediately made me think of this, watch from 2:43
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/XoS0RYH40cs" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

There was a posting for a FO, flying 121 cargo, home every night, 100k MGTOW jet

Well turns out, about $100 flight hr, no monthly hourly guarantee, average leg is under 1hr flight time, and they can’t even estimate how many hours you’d fly, or upgrade time.

I agree lots of jobs, but lots more shitty jobs than I recall pre covid.

And no one will care.
parenting has gone to shit, that is really the crux of the issue.

Not to be a prick to the OP but having a trade and then leaving to go work in a lgs seems foolish. I'm not judging just don't understand that move.

parenting has gone to shit, that is really the crux of the issue.

Not to be a prick to the OP but having a trade and then leaving to go work in a lgs seems foolish. I'm not judging just don't understand that move.
I went to work at an LGS for the love of the hobby. When you work for a big store, the good ones usually let you buy retail stuff at wholesale price just for working there and thats pretty hard to pass up. That should be pretty easy to understand, were on a gun forum for god sakes lol.
There was a posting for a FO, flying 121 cargo, home every night, 100k MGTOW jet

Well turns out, about $100 flight hr, no monthly hourly guarantee, average leg is under 1hr flight time, and they can’t even estimate how many hours you’d fly, or upgrade time.

yeah we got off topic for a sec but this was what I was getting at originally. Like all these jobs need people RIGHT NOW on indeed but theyre these shitty little consulting firms or some bullshit that Ive never heard of before, or places like the ones i described in my first post

Reactions: TurboTrout
Well?

all that and you never answered the only question anyone cares about
Yes... Kenny, we do have nine millimeter.

In fact, what if I told you we had nine millimeter...

THE WHOLE TIME

Wait... hold on a second... you said its a MGTOW jet? Like the infamous reddit redpill misogynist group: Men Going Their Own Way?

That cant just be a coincidence. A group of redditors that are so sexually frustrated from being constantly rejected by women have moved on from mass shootings at california colleges and onto posting scam jobs online because they just cant take it anymore....

I went to work at an LGS for the love of the hobby. When you work for a big store, the good ones usually let you buy retail stuff at wholesale price just for working there and thats pretty hard to pass up. That should be pretty easy to understand, were on a gun forum for god sakes lol.
For love of the hobby? Really? Getting wholesale price on some bullshit retail store inventory is better than making money to buy good stuff? GTFOHWT.

Wait... hold on a second... you said its a MGTOW jet? Like the infamous reddit redpill misogynist group: Men Going Their Own Way?

That cant just be a coincidence. A group of redditors that are so sexually frustrated from being constantly rejected by women have moved on from mass shootings at california colleges and onto posting scam jobs online because they just cant take it anymore....
I must have been distracted, obviously just a troll. It was fun. Back to pounding MHL. Good luck OP; I'm sure you'll do well flipping burgers, there will be heat and steam like you're used to "welding inside a boiler tank".

So it took me a while to figure out the men going the other way bit

MGTOW
Max gross takeoff weight :)

Dude you immediately made me think of this, watch from 2:43
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/XoS0RYH40cs" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>
on this site, you just post the normal url

8 shots in 2 seconds

When I was a kid I walked 5 miles in the snow uphill both ways just to be able to pay someone for the opportunity to work

There are some generations out there today that don't get it (I can't name their generation, nor do I care, but I see them) starting at the bottom is a real thing. Doing things you don't like to build up to doing the things you like.

I exaggerate a bit, it was only uphill one way. I will leave you with this, when I was young, I worked for FREE to learn skills.
It was well worth it

I recently left my job at a gun store to be a full time dad temporarily, but also because answering 1000 phone calls a day from people asking "Yall got any 9mm?" for two years straight has caused my sanity to erode to the point that my left eye now permanently twitches and I wake up sweating profusely from vivid night terrors where Im trapped behind a cash register with a line of imbeciles a mile long that are ALL wondering why primers are now $200 a box.

So, after about 2 months of doing nothing but trying to raise the kiddo up right, Ive begun to apply for some jobs. So far 1 of every 2 applications Ive submitted has called back for an Interview, and Ive gotten hired for 2 different jobs on the spot (more on that later). By the way, nobody is doing real interviews anymore, like where they ask you about your background and experience before telling you they'll call you back so the next guy can get seen. No, its "Do you have a drivers license? What days are you available? Great, when can you start?"

So far, most of the interviews ive gone to ive had to drive 30 minutes into the closest metropolitan area to me to go up to these big nice offices in skyscrapers downtown, and the whole presentation of the company is big and flashy, until they finally get to the part where they tell you what your actually doing, and it turns out to be a gig selling phone plans at a booth in walmart or going door to door to try and con people into some bogus insurance or pest control plan etc.

So for one, it seems like employers are blowing their outfits WAY out of proportion on the listings they post on indeed. But anyways...

Now, the offers I had initially accepted were both headquartered in locations like the places described above. The first was a security outfit run by a single guy who took bids on jobs, and I ended up backing out of the job I had accepted because he only wanted to pay $13 an hour for un-armed overnight security jobs in sketchy locations that he himself was not even familiar with, which meant he wanted me to drive 1hr-1hr and a half to some random truck stop out in the country he had never been to so I could scope it out for him and sit in some shack all night to chase hookers off the lot or something to that extent.

The second job i "took" was also in a big fancy building. Its an event staffing place that started employees out at $17.50 an hour. Not the best wage, but not the worst. They praised themselves as being a positive team with flexibility to let you make your own schedule and they quote "urgently needed 50 to 100 new employees" to do valet, traffic coordination and what not. So I do the training and stuff and get signed up on their scheduling app, and theres like 7 to 14 hours per week TOPS available to work. Thats hardly even worth spending the gas money to show up at the job for that many hours per week, after they PROMISED they had TONS of upcoming events they desperately needed people for. So needless to say I probably wont be runnin with this gig for very long.

SO IF YOU ACTUALLY READ ALL THAT, wtf is going on? Is the only reason there are so many available jobs because freelance entrepreneurs have all left their previous employers to strike out and run countless crappy businesses out of nice offices that were offering discounted rates on rental space because of the coronavirus pandemic?
Why does it seem like literally EVERY place of employment is hemorrhaging workers and cant find anyone to replace them? Making $17.50 an hour now is like making $13 an hour 2 years ago because of Brandon fucking up our gas prices.

TL;DR

What is REALLY causing places to need employees so bad even when unemployed people seem to be staying unemployed? The govt benefits are drying up by now, what the fuck is going on?
So you passed up a job making $13 hr chasing hookers around a parking lot .
Your right ......WTF !!
Your not ready for the hide !

F18DFD25-2D8E-4809-99F5-810B04384C36.png

TL;DR

I suggest getting into a trade like plumbing or electrical work. Or you could sell insurance. or cars. or cemetery property

You are going on the same assumption that everyone does when they hear someone admit they are a millenial. Are you another boomer that just likes to shit on millenials?

Those particular contract jobs didnt have anyone that stuck around. Good welders go to school for longer than average ones do. That is a fact, not a generational thing. I only got sent in for very basic welding certs, not the crazy multi million dollar under water welding project. And no, thats not because "those meanys wouldnt let me in their program", it was because I honestly lost interest in the trade as a whole. The truth is the most jobs that you qualify for with basic welding training pay shitty.
If you have a degree in welding use it. The whole more school bullshit doesn’t hold water. I’ve been welding for the better part of 20 years, never stepped foot in a school. You need the drive and grit to get your start, acquire a larger skill set, and advance. Yeah I made a shit wage when I started, I also worked 60-90 hours a week to offset it. You aren’t going to make top dollar just breaking out. My trade has provided many years of six figure salaries. Get off your ass and go and get it. Quit fuckin cryin around. There’s no pussies in the hall of fame.

And no one will care.
What you mention is exactly what I have seen in action. My commie stepson, who I have discussed in other threads, is the very person you have described. He floats from gig to gig, making just enough money to exist on and keep some gas in his car. All he cares about is when he gets to go kayaking again and what kind of Marxist bullshit he can promote. He is all in the “living wage” ideology, thinking that his unskilled ass is worth something. A trained chimpanzee can do anything he can do, and probably do it better. It’s all going to crash down on him in time, but for now he is riding it out in Asheville with the rest of the commies, being sorry that he is white and demanding that everything be free.

Reactions: deersniper