• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

308pirate

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
  • Apr 25, 2017
    LOL so much goofy shit on here

Last edited:
    You don’t know what you don’t know.

LOL

I love it when people come out of the woodwork to worship some boomer with outdated techniques.

I know exactly who he is, what he did, and what he taught. A few things he came up with are still relevant. Most of what he thought was state of the art pistolcraft is obsolete now.

• Wow
    Reactions: Newbie2020
    Some of his stuff may be dated, but he’s been dead for 15 years, so, there is that. I sorta doubt in ‘22 that Carlos Hathcock is considered the last word on Sniper Craft.

I grew up reading Jeff Cooper and he and Ross Seyfried taught me how I shoot (right or wrong) plus the fact I’m pretty fond of a good 1911 in .45ACP vs. just about anything else.

Another thing to understand about Cooper is that to him, everything mimicked combat and combat technique, not just how many times can you hit a gong in rapid succession for the sake of hitting the gong (not to take away from anyone good at that).

All that said, thanks for posting that. I genuinely enjoyed watching him as opposed to just reading his old articles. I guess I need to YouTube around a bit and see how techniques have improved in the last 25 years.

LOL

I love it when people come out of the woodwork to worship some boomer with outdated techniques.

I know exactly who he is, what he did, and what he taught. A few things he came up with are still relevant. Most of what he thought was state of the art pistolcraft is obsolete now.

While true that some of what he taught, including the terminology used, is dated, it started the revolution in handgun technique that brought us where we are today. Without him, you would still be shooting like this...

FA8EFA8A-6AA4-4A5E-8046-506B091953E0.jpeg

...and talking shit about any dumbasses that wanted to hold their handgun with two hands and use their sights. The man still deserves respect for his accomplishments.

LOL

So you are going to shit on an old ass video from when it actually was relevant? Nobody is saying anything about this video is still be relevant today, but can still respect the progress that was made over time.

While true that some of what he taught, including the terminology used, is dated, it started the revolution in handgun technique that brought us where we are today. Without him, you would still be shooting like this...

View attachment 7953283

...and talking shit about any dumbasses that wanted to hold their handgun with two hands and use their sights. The man still deserves respect for his accomplishments.

He didn't come up with a lot of what he taught. Many of the men that formed the original SW Pistol League came up with most of the techniques. Jack Weaver, Thell Reed, etc.

If he hadn't packaged it, someone else would have.

I guess I need to YouTube around a bit and see how techniques have improved in the last 25 years.

Kydex holsters at 11 - 1 oclock, nylon belts, isoceles stance, support hand rotated to lock the wrist, draw and present in direct line to the target (none of that stupid upwards swing of the gun), reflex sights that let you focus on your threat the entire time, pistols with double or triple the capacity of a 1911 with modern expanding 9 mm bullets

Just a few changes

• Love
    Reactions: Makinchips208
    I honestly can't recall how many years it's been since we taught that methodology for the draw stroke. While we still teach the Weaver stance, Isosceles also works. Pistol red dots are now commonplace, we have dedicated classes for that as well. As to a hi cap 9mm being an advancement, that's open to debate. A wise man once told me "A large capacity magazine is certainly helpful, if you plan to miss a lot".

A wise man once told me "A large capacity magazine is certainly helpful, if you plan to miss a lot".

I'm pretty sure that Elisjsah Dicken has put that bullshit to rest, finally once and for all.

Below is the dogma that was being taught at FBI in the 60's; Weaver stance, 6 o'clock holds, 5-6 round revolvers, and the nonsense that your finger on the trigger "as it was faster" than not, un-aimed point shooting is faster, contact range gut shots rather than vital organ targets, "bowling ball draw" style, 3 foot wide foot stance, etc.

Bill Rogers was a FBI agent in the 80's; observed the flaws in training dogma, and floppy non-retention holsters, tea-cup two hand revolver grip, exited the FBI to establish legendary holster company. His subsequent development of his human Reactive Shooting philosophy firearm training with transition to modern operator grip, stance, engagement methodology, retention holsters is now well established as state of the art.

Grab your favorite beverage.

Last edited:
    Below is the dogma that was being taught at FBI in the 60's; Weaver stance, 6 o'clock holds, 5-6 round revolvers, and the nonsense that your finger on the trigger "as it was faster" than not, un-aimed point shooting is faster, contact range gut shots rather than vital organ targets, "bowling ball draw" style, 3 foot wide foot stance, etc.

Bill Rogers was a FBI agent in the 80's; observed the flaws in training dogma, and floppy non-retention holsters, tea-cup two hand revolver grip, exited the FBI to establish legendary holster company. His subsequent development of his human Reactive Shooting philosophy firearm training with transition to modern operator grip, stance, engagement methodology, retention holsters is now well established as state of the art.

Grab your favorite beverage.

We know you suck that Rogers guy's cock, but

noonecares.gif

I had to try that Weaver stance/grip this weekend

LOLOLOL it sucks..........they were so close and then