• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

WTF is up with this brass?

Doc Holiday13

Sergeant
Minuteman
Apr 7, 2008
LoCo, VA
So I was going through some of the range surplus brass I have and I've found about 15 pieces of .308 brass thats really dirty brass that has grooves like rifling in the neck and shoulder of the brass. Is this some sort of chamber cutting I'm unaware of?

Re: WTF is up with this brass?

Some semi auto 308 has a fluted chamber, I can't remember which one, cetme or C3 or something....google "fluted 308 chamber" and you'll probably get a hit or two.

Interesting. I had never seen that before, but apparently is reloadable. I'll keep it for myself and see whats good with it

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ghogs Nightmare</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Dont forget the sar 8 (springfields variant), nice rifle but mangled to much brass so it got traded on an M1a. </div></div>

Good point. The SAR8 is a HK91 built for SA by EBO in Greece on HK tooling under license, IIRC.
The wife keeps one in the kitchen. I never complain about her cooking.

SAR8.jpg