WTF just blew up in Lebanon??

cruikshank

Sarge
Belligerents
Apr 10, 2008
just read it was actually a storage warehouse for confiscated explosives. No clue if that’s credible.

Also really weird, the former Prime ministers house is somewhere inside that blast radius

theLBC

Shiftless
Belligerents
Minuteman
Jun 21, 2019
so now i heard they had confiscated a large amount of ammonia nitrate last year and was storing it at the port.

Son of Dorn

Castellan
Belligerents
Minuteman
Jul 27, 2019
Grain elevators can result in huge explosions, maybe that was the secondary??
The grain dust is highly explosive once it get's shaken up and becomes essentially an aerosol.
A buncha years back, a sugar factory went BOOM . 12 miles from my house, with open rivers and marshland part of the distance between. Heard the BOOM, felt the house shake. So I wouldn't rule that out if it's a grain elevator.

Reactions: hseII

navynambu

Peace, if we can manage it.
Belligerents
Minuteman
Dec 5, 2017
Anasazi Land
Something's not adding up here about the Locals' stories...they're all over the board and none are not passing the smell test. I wonder what really happened.

Jgunner

Gunny Sergeant
Hessian
Belligerents
Minuteman
Jul 29, 2019
Arizona
Not sure if the videos are edited, but i swear i see something strike them. Laser guided bomb or missile. That was before i saw the still frame up above. Not the pic on the right which is clearly a bird

THEIS

Hi, Sincerely
Commercial Supporter
Belligerents
Nov 27, 2017
Enon Louisiana
hoplitearms.com
Hi,

Half of Beirut's administrative district has been devastated.

Kazakhstan embassy in Beirut: the ambassador was injured as a result of the explosion and parts of the embassy building were damaged.

Lebanese Interior Minister: The highly explosive materials that cause the Beirut explosion are likely to be ammonium nitrate.

Jordan Earthquake Observatory: Beirut explosion equals the energy of an earthquake measuring 4.5 on the Richter scale .

Sincerely,
Theis

1596571417214.png
1596571432869.png
1596571444655.png
1596571456560.png

THEIS

Hi, Sincerely
Commercial Supporter
Belligerents
Nov 27, 2017
Enon Louisiana
hoplitearms.com

THEIS

Hi, Sincerely
Commercial Supporter
Belligerents
Nov 27, 2017
Enon Louisiana
hoplitearms.com
Hi,

LOLOLOLOL Israel news told residents in Northern Israel that the explosion they heard was more than like from IDF jet flying over.
Northern Region of Israel has had continual aerial activity with pretty much no break for over 200 hours.

Tanks rolling into place:
1596572478871.png

Sincerely,
Theis

Reactions: Jgunner

Mordamer

Professional Know It All
Belligerents
May 11, 2010
Hooker, OK
Hi,

Half of Beirut's administrative district has been devastated.

Kazakhstan embassy in Beirut: the ambassador was injured as a result of the explosion and parts of the embassy building were damaged.

Lebanese Interior Minister: The highly explosive materials that cause the Beirut explosion are likely to be ammonium nitrate.

Jordan Earthquake Observatory: Beirut explosion equals the energy of an earthquake measuring 4.5 on the Richter scale .

Sincerely,
Theis

View attachment 7391092
View attachment 7391093
View attachment 7391094
View attachment 7391095
I'd just like to say I called the Amonium Nitrate before anyone else. Haha

FS1

Unbalanced
Belligerents
Mar 24, 2014
Earth
Reminded me of that blast in a China port a few years back.

R0man

Sergeant of the Hide
Belligerents
Minuteman
Feb 24, 2019

spartan67

Sergeant
Belligerents
Dec 24, 2009
central ny
My money is on Amonium Nitrate fertilizer storage on site.

Many of the largest man made non-nuclear explosions in world history have been from Amonium Nitrate and this explosion will make it on that list. It's an interesting list on Wikipedia if you want some reading material.
Thats exacting what I was thinking! Ammonium Nitrate.

R0man

Sergeant of the Hide
Belligerents
Minuteman
Feb 24, 2019
So a country full of terrorists can get AN but we can't buy it by the 50# bag.
Government is keeping you safe. See what happens when something hits the shed where you want to keep the fertilizer?

Reactions: hseII

Bolo

Apprentice of Disaster
Belligerents
Minuteman
May 26, 2020
New York
Orange cloud was the giveaway.. but pure AN doesn't detonate like that unless someone detonates it with high explosives and contains the fuel source.
Zerohedge reported much of the fert stored there was over 6 years old. It's possible if it were mixed NPK in there as opposed to AN or urea, the normal degradation could have caused a significant enough reaction to ignite and deflagrate-to-detonation, but really improbable.
I'm betting someone was experimenting with ANFO explosives or ANCP (solid rocket fuel). Still thinking it was a Hezbollah "own goal".

candyx

Private
Belligerents
Minuteman
Apr 6, 2014
Satellite Laser Weapons System , test firing was successful .....

Reactions: Skwerl

TheGerman

Oberleutnant
Belligerents
Jan 25, 2010
the Westside
Ok look at this and slow it down.

Somewhere between 2 and 3 seconds, you can see an upward fire jet coming out of the roof of the front building. Explosions follow the path of least resistance. Seeing how that building is made up of rows of exterior windows that didn't do anything until the whole place blows up, and the single fire jet point on the roof beforehand, that looks like the work of a guided missile.

From this video, it almost looks like you can see from the way the building moves, its hit from the top, starts to explode at the top and then the bottom gives out completely.

army_eod

Retired Army
Belligerents
Minuteman
Apr 20, 2008
AL
Lots of speculation here. Somebody is doing the forensics and will know exactly what went down.

You may never know the truth unless you are in that business.

Nik H

Constantly Learning
Online Training Access
Belligerents
Jan 22, 2014
New England Yankee
so now i heard they had confiscated a large amount of ammonia nitrate last year and was storing it at the port.
Bullshit

Ammonium nitrate does not have a detonation velocity anywhere near this. Even ANNM can’t do that.
Look at the films. Lots of smoke...reddish brown first blast followed by the big boom.

BullGear

Private
Belligerents
Nov 29, 2017
Hazzard County
I's sure like to see some video of the area BEFORE the fire/first explosion takes place. Looking at that last video, it doe appear to be an attack. Look how the ball of fire generates from 1 point. Kinda like when a missile hit's it's target.

Gee Kay

Skippy the Bush Kangaroo
Belligerents
Minuteman
Oct 8, 2019
Land Downunder
My initial question was...why are there some many people filming literally nothing right before it explodes?
testing out their new iphone camera perhaps :unsure:

all you have to do is go to a crowded place and look around to how many sheeple have their phones in their hands.
sheeple cant live without a phone looking to see if someone liked their post on fakebook or twiddler or any other antisocial media platform.
theres not enough time in the day to do normal things once youve done the antisocial media rounds.

thats my guess.

Reactions: Romeo458