• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes WTF! Premier going out of business???

Re: WTF! Anyone else have corroborating info?!?!

Wow...

Regardless of what you think of PR, I hate to see an American company go down.

Look, the economy sucks and inflation is rising - I hope that things turn around and we don't lose more companies that actually produce a tangible product because Lord knows that going back to a product producing based industry in this country is the only way out of this shit.

This is a pretty big deal. VM- I think you should change the title of your post to something more specific so that Premier can see it and respond.

I have my fingers crossed that it isn't true- I have almost $5k invested in their products.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dtask</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Look, the economy sucks and inflation is rising - I hope that things turn around and we don't lose more companies that actually produce a tangible product because Lord knows that going back to a product producing based industry in this country is the only way out of this shit. </div></div>

Inflation is NOT rising. There's a lot of talk about it rising in the future but right now, we're in a deflationary cycle.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: EventHorizon</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Inflation is NOT rising. There's a lot of talk about it rising in the future but right now, we're in a deflationary cycle. </div></div>

Are contending that the American dollar is NOT falling in strength and purchasing power?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: gugubica</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

Are contending that the American dollar is NOT falling in strength and purchasing power? </div></div>

You mean when compared to foreign currencies? If so, that's cyclical. Look at how much of a pounding the Euro is taking right now. And to a certain point, a weaker dollar helps US exports.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dtac</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> VM- I think you should change the title of your post to something more specific so that Premier can see it and respond.

</div></div>

I second this motion.

Is this the optics section of snipershide, or the financial section of the times?

On topic, for f's sake please.

I heard rumors about this before, and largely discounted them. What happened? Their recently won contract fall apart?

I have to say I've never been a fan of them, and avoided purchasing their products due to their often brazen attitude toward regular consumers... but I would not wish this on any american company, if its true.

... unless they deserved it.

Somebody on that thread contacted Chris at PR and he said they are still in business and that they've had to let a few people go in the last few months but the company is still in business.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: orkan</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Is this the optics section of snipershide, or the financial section of the times?

On topic, for f's sake please.

I heard rumors about this before, and largely discounted them. What happened? <span style="font-weight: bold">Their recently won contract fall apart?</span>

I have to say I've never been a fan of them, and avoided purchasing their products due to their often brazen attitude toward regular consumers... but I would not wish this on any american company, if its true.

... unless they deserved it. </div></div>

They didnt win jack recently! they had that contract for a couple of years! Just some Shot Show hype.

While I was driven away from PR due to the bad CS and the Nunya crap, I have to agree that it sucks if we loose another American company. Hope they pull through if it is in fact true.

My dealings with Premier have been among the best consumer experiences that I have had. I sent them two scopes that had no real problems, but my ocd wanted them looked at. (One had a tiny hair or something, way smaller than an eyelash, on the backside of the objective. It looked like the back of the objective was dirty on the other- it turns out it was the front of the objective.) They broke down and rebuilt both scopes without any bellyaching, had multiple lengthy conversations with me, replaced a lost lens cap, and sent me a t-shirt. The scopes run great. I want to buy one of their 1-8's and probably will if they remain in business.

So where are they? Someone that knows them should make them aware of this thread.

... and it its just bullshit rumors, they should be pretty easy to put to rest, if they care to. However, they better realize that things like this aren't good for sales.
wink.gif

Yea you would think that when the poster from other forum called Chris and asked him about the remarks in the thread that PR would have JUMPED into that thread quick like....................

I sent a pm to Scott. I haven't tried Premier yet. I'll give them a ring, but I bet they are shut down for the day.

<span style="color: #3333FF"><span style="font-style: italic">Yep- shut down for the </span>day</span>

Begs the question, how many of these "they are going out of business" threads can a company survive?

Probably quite a few, if they don't need us pesky individual consumers... which is kind of the impression I've had from them all along.

I must say though, I have no dog in this fight. I don't own one of their products, and had decided not to after a few of the "nunya" threads as well as just the general "we know what you want better than you do" attitude I got off them.

Always fun to watch these threads though.

The Nunya comments sealed it for me -- which was funny because we heard someone at their booth at SHOT claim they are made 100% in Virginia. Where in Virginia is Nunya?

A couple months ago in PM's with someone here we talked about Premier not making it out of 2010.

That said, it is a prediction I don't want to be true. As others have said, even if they aren't right for one of us, I hope they continue as a prosperous company.

Regardless, until I hear more I'm going to put this down as internet rumour, BS, and/or someone making incorrect assumptions about a small piece of information they may have gotten wind of.

This whole thing could be set in motion by a disgruntled employee and a hack writer. I have no inclination to speculate on this gossip until I hear from Premier, or see an official statement.
If this proves to be false and damages Premier’s sales Fortier is in a legal bind….

Orkan-

I do have a dog in this one. I know that the nunya comment really pissed off a lot of people here, but like I said, my direct dealings with them have been great, and I feel like their products speak for themselves.

It seems that given the amount of comic relief that the nunya comment has generated, maybe we should forgive it. I have to say that I laugh every time someone quotes the exchange rate of the nunyan to the dollar.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: zink14</div><div class="ubbcode-body">This whole thing could be set in motion by a disgruntled employee and a hack writer. I have no inclination to speculate on this gossip until I hear from Premier, or see an official statement.
If this proves to be false and damages Premier’s sales Fortier is in a legal bind….
</div></div>

Kinda what I was thinking and hoping when I saw that arfcom thread but didn't want to say. I'm also in over my head when it comes to alot of details about them with how shitty my memory is. So I'm just going to leave it lie there and see what happens tomorrow, as I've got two 5-25s and alot of interest in their well being.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: adam boynton</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Always thought Fortier was a douche and this affirms it, regardless if it is true or not </div></div>

I have to agree with that
grin.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: gugubica</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: EventHorizon</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Inflation is NOT rising. There's a lot of talk about it rising in the future but right now, we're in a deflationary cycle. </div></div>

Are contending that the American dollar is NOT falling in strength and purchasing power? </div></div>

There is much more to in/de - flation than simply the value of the dollar in foreign exchange. Whilst some would lament the fall in the value of the dollar it's not all bad or good. Whilst gas is still expensive, it's more to do with Exxon and the like screwing around with refineries and artificially limiting supply (how's that for a patriotic company) than with foreign exchange rates - as one example.

Besides, China pegs their shit-eating currency to the dollar anyway so it won't affect 99% of Wal-Mart shoppers...

I'm a fan of capitalism, and it is best served when there is competition. The more high end competition, the more value gets into consumers hands per their dollar spent.

But... I still would like to know... where is Premier to give us the facts?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Switchblade</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Lay down the hard FACTS or STFU. WHERE are the FACTS? Substantial evidence? None?
...</div></div>

Oh come on, it's the internet, half the info on this and any other website is assumption or hypothetical.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: orkan</div><div class="ubbcode-body">But... I still would like to know... where is Premier to give us the facts?</div></div>

Hopefully working and not going out of business, I'm sure they don't monitor the hide on an hourly basis. We've been spoiled by Sam@Vortex, if the receptionist called in sick today, we'd get an update from Sam
laugh.gif

I would suspect this writer is in a heap of trouble if any assumptions were made on his part.

I'm sure by now Premier is aware of this and has either contacted legal council OR??????

I'm going to speculate (and why not) that the head of the PR department was canned today by Chris. He then decided to start this rumor by e-mailing Fortier, who promptly ran to the computer.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jasonk</div><div class="ubbcode-body">We've been spoiled by Sam@Vortex, if the receptionist called in sick today, we'd get an update from Sam
laugh.gif
</div></div>

... and you wouldn't believe how much money I'll be spending on vortex products this year as a result.

Dave Fortier “Gunwritr”

Originally Posted By Gunwritr:
"Their head of their PR department emailed me today. Said he was done and that the company was folding tomorrow.
When the head of a dept like that says the company is going under, well you tend to believe it."

From my understanding, an employee was fired and is spreading these rumors. My source is Chris, the owner of Premier. I just got off the phone with him. They just got a Marine Corps contract, they’re going to be here a while.

As Mark Twain once said, "The rumors of my demise have been greatly exaggerated."

i would really like to hear the details of this USMC contract, because it seems as if Premier is putting up alot of "smoke" the SB isnt going anywhere anytime soon. CSTactical...while i do respect your need to push the Premier, i would in your situation, but the USMC Contract thing is a little misleading the way its being presented. Id like to know the real details of this new miraculous Premier/USMC Contract...and dont post details of the contract where they provided the SBs please. Where there is smoke there is fire.

Well there ya go, I would imagine Mr Fortier gots some splainin to do!! What a broke dick!!! This kind of crap hurts good people and business.

If that's true, it's not very professional from the head of their PR. Way to burn bridges behind you and makes it more difficult to find another job after that. Who wants to hire a guy like that ?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: orkan</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jasonk</div><div class="ubbcode-body">We've been spoiled by Sam@Vortex, if the receptionist called in sick today, we'd get an update from Sam
laugh.gif
</div></div>

... and you wouldn't believe how much money I'll be spending on vortex products this year as a result.</div></div>

Oh, I'd believe it, I'll be doing the same.

CSTactical,

Any comments from PR on how they plan to handle this situation?

Well, thats good news. It sounds like Chris at PR needs to kick somebody's ass! or have a lawyer do it for him.

the same could be said in the reverse order

Chris- if you are reading all of this, let me say that I think you make a great product and that you have a great employee in Paul. And no matter how many of your components come from Nunya (I couldn't resist), I will be saving my pennies (and c-notes) to buy a third scope from you. Congrats on the contract and I hope you are in business for many years to come.

When can I plunk down some coin on the 1-8?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: glock24</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm going to speculate (and why not) that the head of the PR department was canned today by Chris. He then decided to start this rumor by e-mailing Fortier, who promptly ran to the computer.

</div></div>

Bingo.

Speculation or are you well connected? LOL.

Fellas,

Chris picked up the phone when I called and told me not true. We got scopes coming tomorrow and more next week.

This kind if stuff doesn't make life any easier for dealers or customers. If the intent by the ex-employee was to do damage to Premier then he will succeed if we all listen and buy into this stuff.

At Liberty Optics, it will be business as usual.

David Fortier = Douche, now that is an equation that adds up in our book.

I appreciate, and I know Chris Thomas does too, (even though you may not agree with how he words things or his mannerisms), the sentiment I see here that you want an American company to succeed.

Full steam ahead fellas.

Scott

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: glock24</div><div class="ubbcode-body">CSTactical,

Any comments from PR on how they plan to handle this situation? </div></div>

I'm not sure, but gunwritr just posted that he plans to change his orginal post...

Gunwritr said:
"Well, that is pretty damn low of someone, especially in that particular position.
I'm glad to hear its not true.
Will edit thread."

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: CSTactical</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: glock24</div><div class="ubbcode-body">CSTactical,

Any comments from PR on how they plan to handle this situation? </div></div>

I'm not sure, but gunwritr just posted that he plans to change his orginal post...

Gunwritr said:
"Well, that is pretty damn low of someone, especially in that particular position.
I'm glad to hear its not true.
Will edit thread."

</div></div>

He just HAD to break the "story", didn't he? Freaking media types.....

Gunwritr needs to do more than that. He needs to contact PR and let them know who it was, and also post the guy's name.

Yeah but it still causes incidental damage and uncertainty. He shouldn't have put it up period!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dagsta</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Yeah but it still causes incidental damage and uncertainty. He shouldn't have put it up period!!
</div></div>

you would think a "journalist" would double check his sources...

I hope fuck stick Fortier gets his ass sued over this and loses his job as a "pretend" gun writer, I never like his wannabe solder bs anyhow!

I doubt there's any legal action that could be taken over interweb chatter...