• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

WTF size screw to remove Vudoo 22 firing pin???

Senor_Barney

Play stupid games, Win stupid prizes
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Jul 25, 2020
    Northern California
    I received a new firing pin spring from Vudoo.

What size Allen key I need to remove this set screw in the bolt nose?

I cannot for the life of me figure it out. I watched every video on the Vudoo site and I don't recall seeing it anywhere. Maybe I missed it.

Please help.

I know for sure it is nothing that a normal person would have fro. anything else that we'd all use for our triggers or other small bits. (i.e. it's not 1.5mm or 1/16)

20221227_184150.jpg

I don’t remember the size. Go to Walmart and buy the little electronics tool kit. Has all the tiny allen and Torxs heads. That’s what I used.

I received a new firing pin spring from Vudoo.

What size Allen key I need to remove this set screw in the bolt nose?

I cannot for the life of me figure it out. I watched every video on the Vudoo site and I don't recall seeing it anywhere. Maybe I missed it.

Please help.

I know for sure it is nothing that a normal person would have fro. anything else that we'd all use for our triggers or other small bits. (i.e. it's not 1.5mm or 1/16)

View attachment 8031879
    its smaller than 1.5 mm??!! Wow, that's tiny. Personally, I hate 2 mm hex head screws as they are, IMO, so small that the hex is not well formed and they are...again IMO and yes, I'm ham handed....very easy to strip.

Sorry I can't help but I'm sure that Vudoo will readily tell you.

As an aside, is that a Boston Terrier in your avatar pic? Is that Senor Barney? haha

If it’s your first time taking it apart, I would count the rotations when you’re taking out your firing pin, so you can do the same amount of rotations when you put it back in.

Reactions: Williwaw
    That Amazon one listed is the correct size. But more than one.

I just did my 360 and it has two screws. I started to strip the head on one. Had to use some heat to get it off and saw some type of thread locker. So if it doesn't budge and you have the correct hex, use some heat

They can strip easy. They don't need to that tight either. There's videos on YouTube.

I posted photo of the hex driver I use on my 360 & V22S actions' firing pins. It's a Wera brand in .05mm, #118074 - I bought two of them from MSC, the supplier I use for many of my machine tool parts (carbide insterts, tools, etc), stuff you won't find in your local hardware store. I've bought some Wera T10 torx drivers, and have never had one twist or strip like several of T10 drivers I've bought at auto parts stores - they're good stuff. I've used these drivers a lot while dinking around with the five different striker springs that come with the V22S single shot actions, and haven't had any issues with either the drivers nor the tiny little hex screws that hold the striker assembly together.

Here's a photo again -

Attachments

• DSC_0415.JPG
      DSC_0415.JPG
      294.8 KB · Views: 39
    Last edited:
    Jeeeezus H Christ.

Good thing they sent along two replacement screws because (yes) I effed up the original trying to guess at what size I needed and then effed up the first replacement trying to thread that tiny screw back in.

I ended up getting the tool set that I used to build my custom PC...it came with 25 tiny bits and one of them worked...

Good to know its a 0.05mm....sucks to know I dont have that one :-/

Last edited:
    Reactions: Baron23
    I would just like to clarify, for myself and any one else who might need this information.

I looked up the Wera 118074 and it appears to me to be ,05 inches, not .05 mm. What say ye? @flatland1

I like how all the responses here have been the decimal size >>> 0.05 inches

Yet... 'Murca cant get its ish together and adopt the metric system like the rest of the civilized world. As such, any idea what non-sensical BS fraction that translates to?

The smallest in my normal set is 1/16

Yet... 'Murca cant get its ish together and adopt the metric system like the rest of the civilized world. As such, any idea what non-sensical BS fraction that translates to?

And yes, the .05" is actually listed as .05" normally. It's odd... everything else is in a fraction, but at least on my tools the .05" says .05".

1672288597106.png

It’s 0.05/1, or 5/100, or 1/20. I suppose you could call it 13/2600 as well.

Reactions: spife7980
    0.050" is the smallest allen key size I have seen used on a regular basis or in a regular allen key set.
    It's existance is the universe suggesting that fractional inches are a stupid idea and to get onbard with a decimal system.

It's kinda like number/letter drill bits existing as proof fractional inches are a pain in the arse.

I would just like to clarify, for myself and any one else who might need this information.

I looked up the Wera 118074 and it appears to me to be ,05 inches, not .05 mm. What say ye? @flatland1
    My bad - and I knew better. The Wera drivers aren't marked either inch or mm, they just say 0.05, not sure why I wrote mm... And that size was mentioned in the video on changing out springs on the Vudoo website. The one I'm referencing is with Mike Bush, and I don't think it's still on the Vudoo site. However, there's another one on how to reset your bolt without tools that also mentions the 0.05 allan wrench.

Last edited:
    Reactions: Williwaw