• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

WTF

smutly

Private
Minuteman
May 3, 2010
easten north carolina
I leave the states on Monday last, earthquake hits east cost, I arrive in Iraq, Hurricane Irene hits my home in Eastern North Carolinea. Wife, who hails from South America, never been in an earthquake, hurricane, etc. she is in a panic, probably blames all this on me! Just want to ask any lawyers out there: can you be divorced for natural disasters ?

Re: WTF

Almost sounds like you need a translator to keep her calmed down. And no, you can't be divorced for acts of God. It takes a little more than that.

At least there are no gigantic insects in North Carolina! She can take comfort in that!

Looks like Irene has been grossly exaggerated; It's a category one storm. There'll be damage and some dumbass will lift a downed powerline, asphyxiate his family with a generator in the living room, or cut off his leg with the chainsaw he just bought.

If the Carolinians and Virginians can't hack this little storm, there is no hope for our nation.

Your Chiquita will be fine. You stay safe as well!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: queequeg</div><div class="ubbcode-body">At least there are no gigantic insects in North Carolina! She can take comfort in that!

Looks like Irene has been grossly exaggerated; It's a category one storm. <span style="font-weight: bold">There'll be damage and some dumbass will lift a downed powerline, asphyxiate his family with a generator in the living room, or cut off his leg with the chainsaw he just bought.
</span>
If the Carolinians and Virginians can't hack this little storm, there is no hope for our nation.

Your Chiquita will be fine. You stay safe as well! </div></div>

LMAO!!!! So true.

And don't forget they'll blame the storm for the death of someone having a heart attack while picking up sticks in their yard afterwards. The 60 preceding years of sausage and french fries will have <span style="font-style: italic">nothing</span> to do with it....

I've done two Cat 2 in NC, and a Cat 3 and 4 in FL. A glancing blow from a Cat 1 is not that bad. The worst of it will be felt by idiots that continue to build on the beach. If your house needs stilts, you might want to rethink where you're building.