• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes WTK: Aimpoint clone

Re: WTK: Aimpoint clone

I woudn't trust a clone of nything. I'd rather just save up for something decent and train with irons for the time being. Why spend your money twice?

looked at them at the gun show. a guy was there with all kinds of stuff from china. it all looked ok at frist glance.

but on closer inspection it was shit. rough as a cob and missing peices right out of the box.

i would stay away from all the look-a-like shit.

The ones that are made in Japan are good.

The ones made in China look & feel very well made and the dot in nice and round. I have seen one that was taken completely apart and the diode is held in by black tape. Why they did this I have no idea. It would have been just as easy and low cost to epoxy it in place. Never the less, they are what they are, made for Airsoft. One will hold up on a real firearm for a while but it is just a matter of time before it gives problems. I had one for couple of years mounted on a AK47 and it did well. I have seen some give out in a few weeks. The battery life is about 100 hours on medium setting. The mounts that come with them are pretty well made. The ones that are a copy of the ARMS Throw QR lever mount don't engage the rail tight and will slip. The metal piece that engages the rail is out of spec and cheaply made. The rest of the mount is very well made.

All the Aimpoint copies you see for sale on Ebay & other websites that are made in China are made the same. I wouldn't waste my money on one knowing what I know now.

They could be well made if someone would spend a little money on them to upgrade the internals and change how the diode is mounted. But then they would cost twice or three times as much.

GC