• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

WTK: Does the M240 Collapsible Stock have a good Cheek Weld for a scope

SmithM21

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Jan 16, 2020

I have an oppertunity to pick up an M240 collapsible stock and I would like to get opinions from any Verterans who have used the M240 with the collapsible stock.

Thank You.

Dane

Last edited:

I have an oppertunity to pick up an M240 collapsible stock and I would like to get opinions from any Verterans who have used the M240 with the collapsible stock.

Thank You.

Dane
No, it doesn't. You end up having a chin weld at best with Mk48.

That's your chin resting on top of your fingers of your support hand holding the stock..

Same soup with the M249/Mk46 setup

Plus, I'm 99.91% certain the "m240 collapsible stock" won't fit on anything other than the M240/Mk48

Screenshot_20221011-214819_Chrome.jpg

That's your chin resting on top of your fingers of your support hand holding the stock..

Plus, I'm 99.91% certain the "m240 collapsible stock" won't fit on anything other than the M240/Mk48

View attachment 7974485
Maybe he is checking to see if the upgrade is worth in in COD?

Thank You.

Dane
Airsoft question?

View attachment 7974485
Thank You!

Thank You!
Well, since you have a 240..... which you 100% failed to mention in your original post.....then the part designed to fit that system would be worth the investment to try, in my opinion. Just like AR's you need to try the parts to see how they work for you.

But, in my experience and face shape, all the optics I've ever tried on 240's and 249 variants are mounted so high I can't get a "cheek weld."

no airsoft, I have a Ohio Ordnace M240.

Sweet!
I must confess, the BAR gets me tingly.
I think the collapsible stock would be far better than the fixed in that regard, but you still won't get a cheek weld.
There are photo's online of both versions being used with the 6X Acog and other scopes, in all cases, the users have more of a chin weld.
I think the design of the collapsible stock would be more amendable to a 3D printed riser, kinda like the choate cheek piece:

Sweet!
I must confess, the BAR gets me tingly.
I think the collapsible stock would be far better than the fixed in that regard, but you still won't get a cheek weld.
There are photo's online of both versions being used with the 6X Acog and other scopes, in all cases, the users have more of a chin weld.
I think the design of the collapsible stock would be more amendable to a 3D printed riser, kinda like the choate cheek piece:
Thank You.