• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

WTK DPMS MINI SASS worth the money?

dale5150

Private
Minuteman
Jan 31, 2010
Ky
I was liiking at the MINI SASS and I have heard good things about the 308 version but not much on the .223, Any experience with these?

Re: WTK DPMS MINI SASS worth the money?

No experience with the mini-SASS but looking at the price tag, you can build one that's at least just as if not more accurate for less IMHO.

Give Scott @ www.specializeddynamics.com a call. He's really reasonable with his prices and starting to get lots of awesome reviews.

Depends on what you want I guess.

Considering how cheap & plentiful parts are (and how easy they are to put together) there's really no reason not to build one for yourself.

i got a nice mini sass, shoots very well, taken "lots" of yotes... 69SMKS under 1/2moa, like BCP said, depends what you want...

Mainly want one to use suppressed from a bench.

Build lower to your specs (PRS, Geissele Trigger) and top with Noveske Rogue upper. I would build.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dale5150</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Mainly want one to use suppressed from a bench. </div></div>
i run mine with a can on it every time i shoot... shoots even slicker yet... u will like.

Co-worker of mine came to me for advice on the subject. Based on his budget and what he wanted to do with it, I talked him into a mini SASS. He has been happy as can be, and I must say after shooting it, that it is a great rifle for the money. I think they can be had for $1200 or so.

I would build one myself if I were doing it, BUT I have totalled up the cost of the parts I would use and it would be over $2000. So- if the mini SASS fits your needs, I say "rock it."

I have just build a 308 sass. with LMT 2 stage trigger 18 sass barrel, troy claymore break and troy extream battlerail. THe scope is on the way. This has been a budget rifle but i believe i have installed quality parts. will let you guys know as soon as scope arrives and range reoport.

Thanks

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dale5150</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Mainly want one to use suppressed from a bench. </div></div>

You'd probably be happy with it then. DPMS rifles aren't bad just keep in mind they like heavier profile barrels & that PRS stock/target grip/their handguards all that stuff adds weight os it won't be light.

I don't buy uppers anymore, I tend to build. That being said I have used the DPMS 1-8 SASS 5.56 barrel and it will shoot lights out. For the price, it's hard to beat. The only thing I don't necessarily like on the Mini SASS is the rail system. Its heavy and does not provide a continuous top rail. More of an aesthetics thing than anything else. With all the available handguards out there I just don't understand why they use those. Here's a pic of one build I've done using the Mini-SASS barrel.
P2040025.jpg

Here's a 12 round group at 200 yards with the above rifle. (why 12 you ask, well because it was what was left in the magazine after zeroing the scope)
2011-08-1112-36-14686.jpg

This was using the bi-pod off a bench, no bags. Haven't tried prone yet with this particular rifle.

62gr X-Tac PMC from AIM surplus. Didn't really expect that from $5.79 a box ammo, but I'm not going to complain
grin.gif

So again to the OP, the barrel is definitely good to go!!