• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

WTK: Reloading 10mm for an 8" Barrel

SmithM21

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Jan 16, 2020
I will be reloading some 10mm Brass in the very near future for my CMMG MK10 300. The barrel length is 8"s.

What I would like to know is what would be a good powder choice for me? I know a lot of reloaders use blue dot but my barrel is longer and there maybe a better choice for me other then blue dot. You can suggest load date with your powder of choice but I will be using a loading manual to work up loads.

My brass is mixed Range Brass.. I may take the time and seperate my brass by manufacture. I have some where around 1600 once fired casses.

Thank You all for your assistance.

AA#9. Power Pistol will give you a few, ten maybe, fps more, but the flash is awful. AA#7 you might get more but you'll have pressure issues easier.

What I would like to know is what would be a good powder choice for me?
Try and narrow down the bullet choice and it helps get you better feedback.

The good news is, the 8" bbl length is not picky so just about any and all the common pistol recipes are still on the table for your PCC.

If you go to the web sites of say Hodgdon as an example, and game out a 10mm bullet type, you will get a good list to shop with.

These days you might need to take what you can get. There are many good pistol powders that have come available in the last year, but you have to watch for them and be ready.

https://www.hodgdonreloading.com/reloading-data-center

I will most likely be using a 180 grain fmj bullet. I am planning to purchase a good 45 suppressor in the near future that will be used on this 10mm.

I will most likely be using a 180 grain fmj bullet. I am planning to purchase a good 45 suppressor in the near future that will be used on this 10mm.
Titegroup seems to be available right now. That will work for your 180 gr.

Titegroup seems to be available right now. That will work for your 180 gr.
Titegroup is not a good choice. You are using about 50% case fill, which causes some problems, and giving up at least 10% of your velocity, maybe more. You need to be looking close to 40 places slower on the burn rate chart. N105, 3n38, AA9 even 2400. 10mm, full power, uses near magnum powders.

Reactions: SmithM21