• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

WTK: ? Wichita swivel/bipod stud *LAST CALL*

SDWhirlwind

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
May 14, 2004
<span style="font-size: 14pt">LAST CALL FOR ORDERS </span>

I have had a couple inquiries from members wanting to purchase a bipod stud to replace a Wichita swivel like used on the USMC return M40A1 stocks. Seeing as I am like a $20 hooker and can't say NO I might be persuaded to make another run if there was an interest in them. It is a real PIA as it takes about 7 setups on my cheezy machinery to make them to where I am satisfied. So it is not doable to make only 2 or 3. Would consider it if there were interest is a dozen or more.

Forgot to add price, they will be priced same as last run $30 mailed with Delivery Confirmation for 1 and $20 for each additional stud. Would prefer payment in advance as they take me about 45 minutes each to make and I really don't want to waste material, time and tooling costs and then not be able to get ahold of the person or they change their mind after I have them done. Did it this way prior and am sure those that bought them will let you know that I am a man of my word. They will be cold blued as that is all I can provide. Pic below

WichitaSlingStuds014.jpg

PLEASE let me know via emails as I have been having a hard time staying logged on or posting/answering PM's etc. Also please include your SH handle so I don't count you twice etc. Thanks for your consideration and this site.

Respectfully,
Dennis

Re: WTK: ? Wichita swivel/bipod stud Interest

You guys doing M40A1 builds want a couple of these!! Dennis makes them in a fine fashion! I have and use them often on my return stock.... It's always good to have the option available.... You can't buy these anywhere else either!

Dennis, put me down for 2 more just so I have spares! Thanks! Just PM me payment instructions for a PMO...

Bill

Just so that I understand this, we are talking about the whole sling swivel that was used on the M40/M40a1 rifles? And these are exact replicas? How much will these be?

Nope, these will replace the studs on a M40A1 so that you can use a bipod and not have to grind away on the Wichita swivels.
I was lucky enough to get a few of these out of the last run. It is a very good thing to have.

Dennis, I would take two, the one I got from you works but those shown look great.
Marty

Up for the new week crowd.

Need a few more to make it worthwhile. Will give it a couple more days then that is it. I am not going to make a bunch and HOPE they sell, too much time in them to have them laying around. Thanks to those who have shown interest so far.

I need those interested to PLEASE email me with their name and mailing info and how many they want, also include your handle here so I don't count you twice and know who you are. I have trouble here reading and posting PM's etc. PLEASE send an email. Thanks.

Respectfully,
Dennis

Re: WTK: ? Wichita swivel/bipod stud *LAST CALL*

<span style="font-weight: bold">LAST CALL </span>

If you want in I will take orders until tomorrow night then that is it. I won't be making anymore so if you PM me in a month you're SOL

Those that haven't EMAILED me yet with their mailing info and to send payment better do so or you won't be getting them either. I am not going to make a bunch to lay around. Thank all of you for your order and confidence.

Respectfully,
Dennis <span style="font-size: 14pt"> </span>

To echo what Wild Bill stated earlier Dennis does very nice work. If you did not know the history on the swivels and saw his studs in place on a build you would think that these are OEM for the M40A1. He built me a set awhile back and they are a perfect fit. Even if you do not think you need these now it is certainly worth the money to get a set to put back in the event that you do want to eventually run a bipod on your M40 or a different sling set up that will not feed through the Wichita Swivels. Buy with confidence that you are gettign a quality product that is not being made anywhere else. As a note if you do try to use another stud in place of the Wichita swivels the threads and diameter are different and once you change them out for anything other than what Dennis is making you will not be able to get your Wichita swivels to fit right again. hope this post helps if you were on the fence on whether to buy these or not.

Thanks Wild Bill C, chad and platypus for the compliments on my work. Thought again there may have been a few more takers or interest in these, oh well! In about a month I will get a PM with a "well I missed the last batch BECAUSE...." Had a PM about a month ago with someone wanting one but must have deleted it and cannot remember.

Thanks to all that have emailed me with address etc. If I don't have an email from you confirming how many you want, address and your handle here by noon tomorrow when I switch my setup to the next stage you are gonna have to go without. Currently my 86yr old father is hospitalized and not doing well, that may change delivery time a bit, otherwise I should have them mailed in 10 days or less.

Thanks to Frank and site and my being able to help this shooting community.

Respectfully,
Dennis

Dennis, I hope things work out OK with your Dad. If you guys need these you better get them now, I've bought 4 sets of these from Dennis for 4 different stocks and they are great. Sure beats cutting up the original Wichita's on the USMC Return stocks, and Dennis is a great guy.

I'm in for 2. Email sent.

Almost done guys. Give me a couple more days to clean up and blue. Will email you tracking info when shipped for those who have already pd. Got everyones check except 2 gents thus far.

Thanks to all.

Respectfully,
Dennis

Been out of town all week. Came back and had 3 of these studs in the mail stack. They are top-notch and worked perfectly. Thanks Dennis, they will be put to good use.

I just received mine a couple days ago.

These are nice!

Thanks Dennis for offering your services, much appreciated.

Now I need to scrounge up a bipod....

Sent PM.
If there are any left I would like to grab another from you and replace both on my return stock. These are fantastic pieces.

Thanks Dennis, mine arrived as well. Will screw them in when George sends it back.

Dennis,

Thank you for the great product and for all of your help. My stock now has front and rear studs looks great.

Got mine a few days ago also, outstanding work as usual! Thanks Dennis!! Hope all goes well with your Dad & Happy Easter to you & yours!!

Bill

I sincerely thank

Wild Bill C
Tim8654
matchking
M40A3peacekeeper
wilshire1412
spooledup
kft101
mjh
George Mac

for there trust, kind words and appreciation of my work. Also their timely payments. In my current health situation it makes me feel appreciated and helps me to put a value on my contributions and abilities by producing something others haven't and is needed and appreciated by the members here. Thanks to all of you for allowing me this privledge.

I have 1pr of these left if anyone needs them for $60 shipped. Thought they were sold but guess not. A Happy Easter to all.

Respectfully
Dennis

You're a great guy, Dennis.

Thanks a bunch for making these for us.

Good to go to deal with.