• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

SOLD WTS - 375 Ruger M77 African Package - Rifle, Ammo, Dies, Brass, Bullets

Habituallinestepper

A dude, playing a dude, disguised as another dude
Minuteman
Mar 6, 2018
I'm not giving up on my dream of an Africa trip, but it won't happen this year and something else has caught my eye. This is a catch-and-release - I purchased this second hand and haven't put a round through it. Embarassing, yes.

Ruger M77 Hawkeye African (Right Handed)
23" Blued Barrel, Walnut Stock
Controlled feed extractor
3 position safety
Floor plate
V-notch sites
This model does not have the barrel band, which is why it took me so long to find it. For some reason the band really bothered me.

Will also come with:
Hornady 375 Ruger Custom Dies
100 pcs virgin Hornady 375 Ruger Brass in an MTM case
Hornady 375 cal 270gr SPRP bullets
40 Rounds Ammo (Note that 20rds are in the factory Hornady 270gr SP-RP box but opened, and 20 rds in a Berry's container). I believe both boxes are factory, given the full lots of both brass and bullets that came with this package, but can't guarantee it.

The rifle is in excellent condition, save the two small dings in the walnut (right side of the buttstock, and bottom left of the grip as shown), and a tiny rub on top of the barrel (so small it was tough to photograph, but being as transparent as possible). Rifle will ship in the factory box to your FFL, ammo and everything else can go straight to you, state permitting.

$SPF shipped, lower 48, Paypal F&F or your fees. Prefer to sell over trade, given the twinkle in my eye. Starting here, but will post elsewhere if no interest given the niche.

Attachments

• IMG_0230.jpg
    IMG_0230.jpg
    606 KB · Views: 200
  • IMG_0231.jpg
    IMG_0231.jpg
    497.2 KB · Views: 201
  • IMG_0232.jpg
    IMG_0232.jpg
    825.5 KB · Views: 131
  • IMG_0233.jpg
    IMG_0233.jpg
    627.6 KB · Views: 135
  • IMG_0234.jpg
    IMG_0234.jpg
    617.6 KB · Views: 135
  • IMG_0235.jpg
    IMG_0235.jpg
    500.5 KB · Views: 169
  • IMG_0236.jpg
    IMG_0236.jpg
    733.9 KB · Views: 150
  • IMG_0237.jpg
    IMG_0237.jpg
    668.8 KB · Views: 125
  • IMG_0238.jpg
    IMG_0238.jpg
    812.9 KB · Views: 131
  • IMG_0241.jpg
    IMG_0241.jpg
    643 KB · Views: 120
  • Hornady Brass.jpg
    Hornady Brass.jpg
    563.2 KB · Views: 123
  • Hornady Ammo.jpg
    Hornady Ammo.jpg
    644.9 KB · Views: 115
Last edited:
If this wasn't SUCH overkill for deer...

At least you got a free bump.

But its only .075 bigger than a 300wm...(sarcasm font)

I'd have no issues hunting deer with it at all, but between OH and MI, I'm constrained to the straight walled .44 Marlin lever gun. The dream lives on...

• Haha
Reactions: SpookM14
I shot a deer with my 375H&H this year that I bought for a trip to Africa as well. Feel confident with the .375 bullets on deer. Ha ha. They are sufficient. Load you up some speer 235gr and go forth and slay.

To answer a couple of messages:

- Weight is 7lbs 15oz as it sits
- No rail currently, set up from the factory for Leupold-style rings
- Forgot to grab a picture of the dies - its the custom grade two-die set. I'll add when I have a couple minutes.

I'm sitting in my office looking at three species of antelope, (about the size of Texas deer) also a large Blue Wildebeest, Zebra, Wart Hog, & a Gemsbok. All fell to the .375 H&H and never took a second step, all between 125 and 200 yards. It was my back-up safari rifle and served me well with light loads. Also, from the states two black bears and one 9'6" Grizzly. You can do anything with a 375 H&H. And if you haven't noticed, thru all the shortages of ammunition, there has always been .375 H&H on the shelves.

Truthfully, you should own a 375 H&H if you want to say your a hunter. IMHO Its the right thing to do.
Charles

I love my 375 Ruger. It’s an awesome round. It’s no fun sitting on a bench and trying to sight in, but it’s the perfect “if I only had one rifle” round for Africa. I can’t wait to take mine to Kodiak (pending draw results). If anyone is looking for a great bear, moose, or buffalo gun, don’t hesitate. About the only thing I would want “more gun” for would be elephant or rhino.

I’d be interested in the ammo and brass if you want to split. I already have some Redding dies, but would probably buy the Hornady dies as well if needed. GLWS

Bump/Drop to try and combine a couple other pending trips to the UPS service center.