• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

WTS: Couple bricks of CCI 1k large rifle primers - $58 each

KZP

P.L.O.
Supporter
Banned !
Minuteman
Mar 11, 2017
NC
I got a few bricks of CCI 1k large rifle primers for sale. $58 each, you pay shipping. They have some dimples on the back, probably cosmetic. Other than that I know for a fact they will fit inside a large rifle primer pocket.

20210121_214634.jpg

Any chance of pushing the dimple out from the other side, with a punch ? Would that require a special sized punch ? And how much......wow......giggling too much to type. How much more would that cost, or is that even an option ?

Reactions: KZP
Any chance of pushing the dimple out from the other side, with a punch ? Would that require a special sized punch ? And how much......wow......giggling too much to type. How much more would that cost, or is that even an option ?

Haven't tried it yet, but I've read about this process on other forums. First you prime your case, it's important to provide support to the sidewalls of the primer cup. Then you fill it with deionized water. Find a punch that perfectly fits the case mouth. Gently insert it until you feel very slight pressure resistance from the water, don't go past that point.

Grab yourself a dead blow hammer and whack it with no less than 120 ft lb of force, and no more than 120.5 ft lb. If you do it right, the dimple should vanish.

• Haha
Reactions: Thorny
Just wait till we are in the dystopia where even used primers have value for refilling...

I guess I'm gonna have to break out the shovel and start digging slugs out if the dirt berm I shoot into .

Would you consider trades? I have 2 empty jugs of Varget.

I'm already 3/4 through my current empty jug. I should probably get a 2nd one in reserve....were the empty jugs stored in a climate controlled environment?

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Blue Sky Country
I have a few k CCI 250s with a very similar dent. Must have been a production run. Any interest in trades?

Sure. Can you bundle some pre-fired 30 cal 175 SMK projectiles? I don't like to take risks. I only shoot bullets that I know for a fact will function in a 30 cal barrel. So many idiots on here shoot untested projectiles, completely trashing their barrels.

Missing the boat on the projos, should be paper patched for use in .338

• Wow
It's a sad, sorry world we live in ... where I knew this was a joke before even looking at the photo. :cry:

• Haha
Sure. Can you bundle some pre-fired 30 cal 175 SMK projectiles? I don't like to take risks. I only shoot bullets that I know for a fact will function in a 30 cal barrel. So many idiots on here shoot untested projectiles, completely trashing their barrels.
I will get you handled on that this weekend. Gonna be doing some berm digging. Dirt will be 1.00 each extra

• Haha
Trade for case head separated brass?

Do the case heads have loose primer pockets? If they are tight, not interested. I want flexibility on what size primers I can use with my ammo.

If these will make my COAL longer than 11.003 then they won’t work...

If you take a bastard file to your meplat these will work great. Had a shooting buddy who knows a guy that does this. Can still hit out to 1k yards every time.

I think there is a member or two here in the px that has a N.I.B. valdata they will trade for this...........baaaawaaaaa

If you take a bastard file to your meplat these will work great. Had a shooting buddy who knows a guy that does this. Can still hit out to 1k yards every time.
In order to make up for lost bc using the bastard file. Use a rat tail file afterwards to create a depression in the tip. Then use a ball peen hammer to smash tip down to point it. This will increase the b.c. By 100 guaranteed

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: tomcatmv and KZP