• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Night Vision WTS - CUBA ! (COTI USB BATTERY ADAPTER)

wigwamitus

Strictly Offensive Kit
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
Jan 5, 2014
LBJ
After literally 5 years of development effort (on an off), we are finally able to offer a COTI USB BATTERY ADAPTER = COTI

IMG_0595_1024x1024@2x.jpg

This unit will power the COTI for a zillion hours with a standard USB battery in a pouch on your helmet or in your pocket. And for me, who goes out in sub-zero temps, prevent the "low battery in 10 minutes" syndrome :D

The cable has a step down circuit to ensure the COTI only gets is desired 3V of power.

So if you need a battery solution for your COTI, head on over to SOK and grab one !

==
Now, I'd like to thank the team that made this happen:

Shack - prototype assembler - put up with my redesigns and testing for years with the early versions.

Parker - This literally would not have happened without whowhatwherehownowbrowncow bugging the crap out of me to prioritize this project for the past 3 years.

CORYT - Production assembler - flawless execution on parts and materials. This thing is literally made out of "magic juice" thx to Cory. I've done literally hundreds of repeats of twisting on the cap and twisting it off, trying and trying to break it. And inserting and removing the plug over and over 300 repeats, 3 times. And even yanked it out by the cable a few dozen times (don't try that at home :D )

Preston - for the marketing and financing to make it real.

And dumb ole me who had the original idea (cause of the annoying 10m low batt warning :D ) and acted as product mangler throughout.

Enjoy !!

Just a note, custom cables will be available, and I'm working on caps for the DTNVS and IR Patrol units as they use the same battery. A dual port option for the DTNVS to run both off the battery will be done shortly, the IR Patrol does not need a step down module, it can run right off the USB 5V port.

Just a note, custom cables will be available, and I'm working on caps for the DTNVS and IR Patrol units as they use the same battery. A dual port option for the DTNVS to run both off the battery will be done shortly, the IR Patrol does not need a step down module, it can run right off the USB 5V port.

By chance would the DTNVS version work with a DTNVG?
Thanks in advance.

By chance would the DTNVS version work with a DTNVG?
Thanks in advance.
I don't know, I don't have a DTNVS here to compare the cap/thread. If the caps are the same, then yes, it would work. If not, I'd need a DTNVS here to get the proper thread built in Solidworks.

Reactions: WhereNow&How
I don't know, I don't have a DTNVS here to compare the cap/thread. If the caps are the same, then yes, it would work. If not, I'd need a DTNVS here to get the proper thread built in Solidworks.
Caps are not the same. Threads on the DTNVG are fine while the updated DTNVS are course.

Guess I need someone with a DTNVG to either measure a cap or loan me a unit for a few days to get one modeled. For other units that have a remote power port, I need to start getting the connector type, input voltage and polarity/wiring of the connector.

OK, I'm modeling the DTNVS cap this weekend, and I'm getting connector specs and voltages for L3 systems as well. We'll make cables for the PVS-31/15/GPNVG-18 to L3 specs, which should work with other systems using the same connector. I'll need some volunteers for testing those, as I don't have any of those on hand at the moment. If anyone has another system that they need a cable for, contact me via PM and we'll see what we can do.

Reactions: jwramp
OK, I'm modeling the DTNVS cap this weekend, and I'm getting connector specs and voltages for L3 systems as well. We'll make cables for the PVS-31/15/GPNVG-18 to L3 specs, which should work with other systems using the same connector. I'll need some volunteers for testing those, as I don't have any of those on hand at the moment. If anyone has another system that they need a cable for, contact me via PM and we'll see what we can do.
Sick - I have COTI and PVS-15/MOD-3b/RNVG/1531/31a/DTNVS on hand between me and some local buddies that would be happy to take some measurements/multi-readings for you.

We still got a few Cubans left, get'em while they last !!

Just got some more CUBAns in ...

Get one while they are in stock, I’ve got a PR7 class starting plus some other work that will put the next batch about three weeks out.

Still some left !

Ok, as of now we are sold out on these. Let us know if there is any further interest and we will consider making up some more. Thanks to everyone who participated !!

Reactions: Evolution 9
Was kinda hoping a COTI / DTNVG version would make it. If it ever does I'd like to buy one. But understand it's a long shot. You guys did a good job on these.

I have that made up already and I’m using it now. On one hand, the battery life on the DTNVS makes a remote power supply less useful, on the other, of you have a COTI and run the battery pack, why not run both? This may end up a custom item, not sure they will want to stock it.

Reactions: rlsmith1
Ok, as of now we are sold out on these. Let us know if there is any further interest and we will consider making up some more. Thanks to everyone who participated !!
I didn’t realize this was only a one run possibility, if I’d known that I would have bought one earlier but didn’t have a “need” for it right now. So consider me in on one for the next go round Joe 😁

Reactions: wigwamitus
I didn’t realize this was only a one run possibility, if I’d known that I would have bought one earlier but didn’t have a “need” for it right now. So consider me in on one for the next go round Joe 😁
With the supply chains breaking down like they are, now is the time to get anything you have a "need" for.

Who knows when or if certain things will be available, especially a specialty item like the CUBA.

Everyone who owns a Pas 29 COTI, E COTI or Nivisy's Tacs M will be making a serious mistake IMHO if they do not get a CUBA while they are available now. Best thing since sliced bread IMHO. Turns the COTI into a real working tool for a relatively modest cost compared to the OEM offerings and a far better solution than the OEM offerings.

Reactions: Glassaholic
With the supply chains breaking down like they are, now is the time to get anything you have a "need" for.

Who knows when or if certain things will be available, especially a specialty item like the CUBA.

Everyone who owns a Pas 29 COTI, E COTI or Nivisy's Tacs M will be making a serious mistake IMHO if they do not get a CUBA while they are available now. Best thing since sliced bread IMHO. Turns the COTI into a real working tool for a relatively modest cost compared to the OEM offerings and a far better solution than the OEM offerings.
Thanks WNH, and I’d probably expand you comment beyond “need” to just “may need” sadly that is where the Left is try’s NF to push our country right now.

• Love
Thanks WNH, and I’d probably expand you comment beyond “need” to just “may need” sadly that is where the Left is try’s NF to push our country right now.
At the rate things are going, "will need" is likely the most accurate descriptor to assign. :cry:

Reactions: Glassaholic
I have that made up already and I’m using it now. On one hand, the battery life on the DTNVS makes a remote power supply less useful, on the other, of you have a COTI and run the battery pack, why not run both? This may end up a custom item, not sure they will want to stock it.

Unfortunately, I need a DTNVG version. And from previous info in this thread, the DTNVS thread pitch is different from the DTNVG. If the DTNVG/COTI cable is ever produced - someone just keep me in mind please.;)

Thanks.

Ok, we are looking at doing another "run".

I picked off these requests (please confirm by posting below if you are still interested), if anyone else needs any of these please post here ASAP.

We can currently do
COTI, DTNVS, IR Patrol, Skeet-X (same as patrol)
And are finallizing Skeet-L (which is actually a little different from skeet-x) and DTNVG (we expect to be able to include both of those in this run if anyone needs)

While the worldwide supply chain is breaking down and you cannot get a lot of items, parts and food because of lack of availability, the "Wig Supply Chain" continues to deliver. (y)

This is a great thing. Get them while you can folks.

The CUBA is a game changer when it comes to running a COTI or the other devices they are making cables for.

Reactions: stefan73
Ok, we are looking at doing another "run".

I picked off these requests (please confirm by posting below if you are still interested), if anyone else needs any of these please post here ASAP.

We can currently do
COTI, DTNVS, IR Patrol, Skeet-X (same as patrol)
And are finallizing Skeet-L (which is actually a little different from skeet-x) and DTNVG (we expect to be able to include both of those in this run if anyone needs)
Yes, I’m in for the COTI

Reactions: wigwamitus
Glad to know the third time was in fact the charm. Tricky to get the dimensions right without the unit in hand, but it seems we finally got it right.

So, as of now, the COTI’s, TACS, DTNVS, IR Patrols, Skeets all have a USB solution, with the DTNVG final test shipping tomorrow with Lemo and Fischer Y cables in the works.

Anyone have any other requests?

A split DTNVS/COTI cable would be awesome, but if that is too much to ask for currently then I'll call dibs on one for a COTI.

• Love
Reactions: E-Tool
A split DTNVS/COTI cable would be awesome, but if that is too much to ask for currently then I'll call dibs on one for a COTI.
That is available now. PM me and we'll work out details.

The COTI cable systems will be handled by SOK, the split cables and other caps will be considered one-off special orders and I'll be handling those directly, at least for now.

Yup, SOK will continue to handle the COTI eECOTI and TACAMS plug/cable solutions, for other head mounted plug/cable solutions, head over to coryt's thread