• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Firearms WTS LRI Built .284 Rifle Rem 700 in AICS for F-Class or Long Range

LRShooter101

Sergeant
Supporter
Minuteman
Nov 6, 2013
Southern, IN
Up for sale is a custom .284 “Hybrid Build”

This rifle was built to go between shooting F-Class with a Delrin front bag rider on a front mechanical rest to shooting long range prone from a bipod.
The barreled action was assembled by LRI, I have the original paperwork and can provide a copy if requested.
- Stainless Remington 700 Long Action
- Stainless Bartlein Barrel 30" Long with 1:9 Twist (Straight Tapper 1.25" - 1.00")
- Oversized LRI Pinned Recoil Lug
- Barrel is threaded 5/8x24 and profiled for a Badger FTE Brake (sorry but the Brake was moved to another rifle, so you would need to purchase one). It has a thread protector.
- Nightforce 20 MOA Rail
- Timney Trigger with Straight Blade
- KRG Bolt Knob
- AICS 1.5 Long Action Chassis, with (2) 5 Round Magazines
It weighs about 18-19 pounds with the Delrin Front End, about a pound less without. I shot it with a Nightforce BR scope, and it made the 22 pound weight limit for F-Open with no problem.

Modifications that I made to it:
- 3” Wide F-Class legal Delrin “Bag Rider” Front End. This keeps the front end of the rifle rock solid in a front rest, and allows it to track very smoothly to the rear. You just remove the front skin sections from the AICS chassis, and install 2 cross bolts with thumb screws. Very quick & easy to switch back & forth from having the front AICS skins off and the Delrin front end on, and putting the front AICS skins back on and running a bipod off of the picatinny rail.
- “Bag Rider” Rear End, I added a section of aluminum channel with steel epoxy (bolted into place), to create a much larger and smoother surface to ride/track on a rear bag.
- Front Picatinny Rail Section, was added to the chassis (bolted into place) to allow a quick and easy way to mount/dismount a bipod. Also sets the bipod forward and low for more stability.
- First inch of the barrel and the recoil lug are bedded in steel epoxy. (this took the rifle from shooting 0.5's to 0.3's)
See pics below for details on these features.

It has just short of 800 rounds through it, the loads that I used were mild, so I would estimate that it has at least another 800-1,000 rounds before the throat goes south. The barrel could easily be set-back, there is 5" of straight barrel to work with before the tapper starts, so it would go from 30" to around a 28".

This rifle can flat out shoot! I used it at the 2015 Nationals at Camp Perry in F-Open to shoot Master scores (I can provide my NRA info to verify this), and the only reason it was not High Master was due to the trigger puller dealing with the wind.
200 Yard (not 100 Yard) Load Workup.
200yd workup.jpg

It was also used to win a CIHPRS 2,000 yard match where it (along with another very talented shooter) out shot a number of .300 and .338 mags.
2000yds.jpg

This will easily launch a Berger 180 Hybrid at 2750 fps, with a very low SD.
Recoil with the rifle alone is very manageable due to the weight of the rifle. With a Badger Brake (this sale does not include one), there is almost no recoil.

I know that I will be kicking myself in the @$$ for selling this rifle, because this is honestly probably one of the best shooting rifles that I have ever owned. However I am not shooting F-Open anymore, and it is just sitting in the safe collecting dust. I would like to pass it along to someone who can put it to good use. This would be a great starting rifle for anyone looking to get into F-Class.

Cost Breakdown:
- Rifle work by LRI was $575 (I have the paperwork)
- Components in the Barrel Action were $1,400+ / AICS Chassis is $800
- That is conservatively $2,775+ Total Investment

I will also throw in 350 pieces of Lapua brass. This brass has 3-4 firings on it, it was annealed after the 3rd firing. I am sure it still has some good life left in it (maybe double that, assuming that it is not run real hard).

Add up Rifle and Brass, you are at about $3K. I am asking $1,700 for the complete rifle with brass. I will throw in the shipping in a basic plastic rifle case for free.

I do NOT hold an FFL, please make sure that your FFL will accept a shipment from a NON FFL holder. I will take a money order, or very discreet Pay Pal (contact me for details).

Please reply with an "I will take it here, and follow up with a PM or email.

Any questions, just let me know. Thanks for looking!

"AICS/Long Range Configuration" with Front AICS Skins & Bipod on Pic Rail
284 Full1.jpg

284 Full2.jpg

284 Pic Rail.jpg

"F-Class Configuration" with Delrin Front Bag Rider
IMG_3493.JPG

284 Butt.jpg

284 Butt&Bag.jpg

284 Forend2.jpg

284 Forend3.jpg

284 LRI & Temp.jpg

284 NF Rail.jpg