• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

SOLD WTS: M1 Carbine, 1943 Standard Products (WW2 config)

HorribleAim

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
Apr 17, 2019
Ohio
Up for sale is a 1943 Standard Products M1 Carbine. This one is in the original wartime configuration (NOT a CMP/arsenal rebuild or mixmaster) with flip sight, type 1 barrel band, two rivet handguard, flat blued bolt, and push button safety.

01.jpg

Interesting story behind it: the rifle was sent to Ethiopia after the war as military aid, and basically sat in storage for decades afterwards. It is extremely difficult to find WW2-configuration M1 carbines that haven't undergone a post-war arsenal rebuild, where they swapped out the flip sight for an adjustable sight, added the type 3 barrel band with bayonet lug, and changed the push button safety to a rotating safety. There is a very faint and hardly noticeable import mark under the barrel.

The rifle includes an original USGI 1943 magazine pouch in great condition, and an original USGI sling (I believe 1944). From all the research I've done, the internal parts on the rifle indicate this is exactly how the rifle left the factory in Ohio in 1943 (with the exception of the stock, see note below):

- Underwood 43 barrel (subcontracted by Standard Products)
- Unmarked type 1 barrel band
- "N" on front sight (Standard Products)
- ST on trigger housing (Standard Products). I believe this is a Type IV trigger housing, since copper brazing is visible.
- Unmarked rear sight on right side, "S" on left (Standard Products)
- "S" in circle on slide (Standard Products)
- "SW" on hammer (Standard Products)
- "S 24" on right bolt lug (Standard Products)
- Originally came in a badly cracked S-HB birch stock, which I had to replace to make the rifle functional. The original stock had no arsenal rebuild cartouches on it, but the one currently on the rifle does (USGI, not aftermarket). Finding non-rebuild carbine stocks is virtually impossible.

I put 15 rounds through the rifle to ensure proper function. Rifle is still headspaced, has sharp rifling and no visible rust or pitting. Just metal wear and "freckles" typical of rifles this age. I have a muzzle wear gauge around somewhere and can take a pic of this if you'd like.

Asking for $2000 shipped or trade for a quality 6.5 Creedmoor, must ship to FFL in states where the rifle is legal. PP F&F. Open to Skype, Zoom, phone calls, or sending more pics if you need any further details on the rifle. USGI magazines (assorted manufacturers) also available on request.

Attachments

• 03.jpg
    03.jpg
    578.2 KB · Views: 394
  • 04.jpg
    04.jpg
    534.7 KB · Views: 231
  • 06.jpg
    06.jpg
    349.9 KB · Views: 282
  • 07.jpg
    07.jpg