• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

SOLD WTS: Norinco Mak-90 Preban

Mike_P

Sergeant
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Jun 5, 2013
    Lacey, WA
    Hey all,

Selling off another part of the collection that I don't shoot.

This gun is a pre-ban (Transitional Post?) and unthreaded. It's been sitting in a safe for quite some time and has some rub marks. Check out the pictures. It's still in excellent condition.

Included is what's seen in pictures:
    Norinco Mak-90
    Hand carved stock installed
    Factory stock included
    2 10rd mags
    30rd US mag

Seen a few hundred rounds and ultimately is in great shape.

Asking price: $1550 shipped

Payment method: Paypal F&F, Venmo, Cashapp, Zelle

Shipping method: Priority Mail

Looking for a quick sale! Appreciate everyone taking the time to look at this!

**Hunting rifle not included.**

Attachments

• IMG_1259.jpeg
      IMG_1259.jpeg
      350.3 KB · Views: 289
    • IMG_1257.jpeg
      IMG_1257.jpeg
      309.1 KB · Views: 309
    Last edited:
    I wonder what a brand new one is worth still in the bag and box?

@Kawi When I did my looking on Gunbroker I saw some with box around $2500. Unsure if people are buying them at that or if they are just listed, but that's what I've seen.

Beaters have gone as low as $1k with no box.

I'm confused on the description. Which ban are we talking about here? Would a pre-ban not then be threaded, and a post-ban be unthreaded?
    Also, do you have the original fore-end? I think that was Chinese "chu" wood.
    B-West imports were short lived and tended to be nice.
    Yours is in great condition on the outside. Does the inside of the bore/gas block/gas tube look as nice?

Cheers!

Pre ban typically refers to pre 1989 when the rifles came threaded with a stock etc.

These rifles were built between 1990-94 and so they would be considered post ban. However, since its marked Norinco than it means it was a left receiver from the pre ban era so people call these transitional post ban mak 90s

Last edited:
    Pre ban typically refers to pre 1989 when the rifles came threaded with a stock etc.

These rifles were built between 1990-94 and so they would be considered post ban. However, since its marked Norinco than it means it was a left receiver from the pre ban era so people call these transitional mak 90s
    Thanks for the clarification. I've always been a little fuzzy on the different bans & time periods, and what constitutes as what.
    I've heard that the "transitional" MAK's initially had threaded barrels and just got shaved down in order to pass import standards. They were still coming in as late as 91'. I think there was a mix of NHM-90's and transitional MAK's coming in at the same time for a while. No idea why or how that worked out with the new import restrictions.
    Always trying to learn.

OP,
    So you got that original wood fore-end or what?

OP,
    So you got that original wood fore-end or what?

No sir. I bought it as seen with both stocks and small mags. Throwing in the US 30 and otherwise it's exactly as it's been sitting in my safe as I obtained.

I can certainly take internal pictures as well if you'd like.

Reactions: Bakwa
    I wonder what a brand new one is worth still in the bag and box?

Depends if it is milled or stamped and condition. A good condition stamped Mak-90 is worth around $1200.

A milled one is probably worth around $1400.

Another interesting fact about this rifle is that it’s on a b west receiver which in some cases can be problematic.

However, it has the made in china and norinco marking so it’s safe and good to go.

If it didn’t have those markings it would be a us made receiver that was not heat treated. Those receivers are complete junk and wouldn’t last you a thousand rounds before cracking.

Another interesting fact about this rifle is that it’s on a b west receiver which in some cases can be problematic.

However, it has the made in china and norinco marking so it’s safe and good to go.

If it didn’t have those markings it would be a us made receiver that was not heat treated. Those receivers are complete junk and wouldn’t last you a thousand rounds before cracking.
    Just clarifying for those that are reading.
    This is a Chinese made rifle. It is GTG.
    B. West merely imported it in to the country.
    US groups making AK's and attempting to assemble parts kits [and screwing up AK's] is a whole other rabbit hole.

Reactions: Keith E.