• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Accessories WTS: Older Auto Knife

rg1911

Gunny Sergeant
Supporter
Minuteman
Oct 24, 2012
Laramie, Wyoming
I'm continuing to downsize.

I bought this new at a gun show several decades ago and carried it for a while. I kept meaning to put a clip on it for EDC pocket carry but did not get around to doing it. It's been sitting in a drawer for ages. The knife shows what I consider to be minor scuffing on the blade. The blade is beveled on one side only. I think I sharpened it once.

This could be considered to be a "sterile" knife, since the only mark on it is a very lightly engraved "USA" on one grip panel (see image). I once was told by a knife person that a famous maker created this knife, but I have no confirmation of that. Probably just a good story.

The action is tight and smooth. The handles are some type of micarta.

I'm asking $80.00 delivered in CONUS.

As usual, an "I'll buy it" here followed by an IM trumps questions and IMs without posting here first.

I can accept Paypal F&F, personal check (wait until it clears) or Postal Money Order.

Thank you,
Richard

Auto_Knife_Consolidated.jpg

If it is, it's a pretty solid copy. Is there any good way to prove that it's a copy? If it can be proven, I'll pull the ad.

Thank you,
Richard

Blade length? ……any info on steel?
The blade length is 2.81" and it is 1.00" at its widest point. Length open is 6.75" and length closed is 3.94". There being no markings on the knife, I can't make even a reasonable guess about the steel. It seems to be on a par with other good (although perhaps not great) knives. It has a dull finish or coating that either has rubbed off or rubbed smooth in spots; I can't say for certain which it is. My *opinion* is that as an EDC it would provide years of service (although I'd put on a clip for pocket carry). That said, I would not expect to be able to baton it through oak.

As bachelorjack wrote, it does bear a resemblance to a Microtech LUDT knife, although there are easily-recognizable differences.

Richard