• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

SOLD WTS R700 5R 300wm in McM HTG

wfjames22

trigger yanker
Minuteman
  • May 8, 2009
    SW TN
    I’ve got a Remington 700 5R chambered in 300 Winchester magnum that I’d like to sell. It has a 24” threaded barrel and the metal has been Duracoated in matte black. It also has a McMillan HTG stock in forest camo. It was hunted with a few times, so it has a couple nicks here and there but overall it’s in great shape. I’m the original owner and there’s approximately 150rds down the barrel, mainly shot during load development. I honestly hate to let it go because it’s such a tight grouper and the barrel is pretty fast for a 24”er, but it’s been in the back of my safe for quite a while and may as well go to someone who’ll use it. I will share my loads for 200gr Accubonds and 208 Amax with the buyer, they were both right at 3000fps with no signs of over pressure.

$1300 shipped conus to your ffl from me (non ffl)

59F9C199-1437-4FE0-A75A-2024BFE74AC0.jpeg

37F9C3BB-E7E2-4399-853D-4745A51DFC08.jpeg
    37F9C3BB-E7E2-4399-853D-4745A51DFC08.jpeg

Last edited:
    I’m open to trades and will split the barreled action for $800 shipped conus.

Trade interests include; S&W 357 or 44 revolvers, 20” factory ar15’s, LMT or KAC rifles/uppers, Beretta M9’s/92’s/variants, other interesting weapons.

Do you have any group photos. Also what is the weight? I am trying to put together a 24" 300wm for a goat hunt this fall.

I had a brain fart when I replied yesterday about weighing the gun because I forgot that it’s currently on the consignment rack at my dealer’s shop. From online research, the factory HS Precision stock is 1/2lb heavier than the McM htg that it’s current wearing so I’m gonna make an educated guess that it’s current weight is right at 8lbs.

The only targets I could find from this gun were from late load development (2013]. I know, I know...3 shot groups but they’re all I’ve got at the moment. If there’s interest, I can try and get the gun from my dealer, slap a scope on it and shoot some groups. BTW, these were of my hunting load which was a 200 Accubond running 2900fps avg at 328’ elevation. Apparently I remembered wrong when I put it in my original post at 3000fps. I verified just now that my 200 Accubond load was 2898fps and 208 Amax was 2970fps, both at 50degF at 328’ elevation.

1BDDACCB-D5FC-4422-848A-A4AF4D5BFAFC.jpeg

Last edited:
    What's the specs on the stock? Pillars from factory? Fill? Sling swivels #?
    Barrel contour of stock

Factory pillars, standard fill, standard sling swivels (no flush cups) and Remington varmint barrel channel.

Factory barrel? What profile?

It’s a Remington varmint. I bought the gun new as a 24” threaded 300wm 5R complete rifle, swapped the HS Precision stock in favor of the McM HTG and sprayed all the metal (minus the jeweled bolt) with matte black duracoat.