• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

SOLD WTS Rare Breed trigger

cmullG34

Private
Supporter
Minuteman
Aug 5, 2017
Southern NH
Selling a FRT trigger. Been to the range once and took it out. Works great but just can’t find a reason to keep it in the gun full time. $280 shipped.

Attachments

• 48AC3772-600F-474D-B952-92AF566771ED.jpeg
    48AC3772-600F-474D-B952-92AF566771ED.jpeg
    304.2 KB · Views: 121
  • 66552AD8-1715-42FD-9633-44F9272F78B4.jpeg
    66552AD8-1715-42FD-9633-44F9272F78B4.jpeg
    372.5 KB · Views: 87
  • 01664BD0-0A8B-403E-A2BF-3327487D54C0.jpeg
    01664BD0-0A8B-403E-A2BF-3327487D54C0.jpeg
    375.4 KB · Views: 127
Reactions: trickpony
Well the ATF has now said they are machine guns that's right the trigger is a machine gun Google it you'll see they went rated everybody's factories and collected all of them and you no longer allowed to even possess them

• Haha
Reactions: SniperBro
Well the ATF has now said they are machine guns that's right the trigger is a machine gun Google it you'll see they went rated everybody's factories and collected all of them and you no longer allowed to even possess them
Not what they said at all. Rarebreed was never mentioned anywhere in that. And of course the actual law is on rarebreed's side when they challenge it IF they end up being one of the FRT the ATF is referring to.

Last edited:
Not what they said at all. Rarebreed was never mentioned anywhere in that. And of course the actual law is on rarebreed's aide when they challenge it IF they end up being one of the FRT the ATF is referring to.
Rare Breed wasn't specifically mentioned in the ATF's March 22, 2022 open letter to all FFL's, but they are most certainly an ATF target and clearly the ATF's public enemy No. 1 when it comes to forced reset triggers. According to multiple news outlets and public court filings, the ATF has raided Rare Breed's operations, told them to cease and desist, expressed a desire to have Rare Breed issue massive recalls, and Rare Breed is in the process of suing the ATF. To say Rare Breed isn't an target is silly. Whether or not the ATF has a leg to stand on is beside the point (they have done worse with less).

This thread should probably be shut down or moved to a general discussion section since the sale is done and this is a zombie thread spinning off topic.

Reactions: jwynne5227
Rare Breed wasn't specifically mentioned in the ATF's March 22, 2022 open letter to all FFL's, but they are most certainly an ATF target and clearly the ATF's public enemy No. 1 when it comes to forced reset triggers. According to multiple news outlets and public court filings, the ATF has raided Rare Breed's operations, told them to cease and desist, expressed a desire to have Rare Breed issue massive recalls, and Rare Breed is in the process of suing the ATF. To say Rare Breed isn't an target is silly. Whether or not the ATF has a leg to stand on is beside the point (they have done worse with less).

This thread should probably be shut down or moved to a general discussion section since the sale is done and this is a zombie thread spinning off topic.
Right, but none of that has anything to do with what Lance or I referred to, which was the ATF letter and the "ATF NOW saying rarebreeds are machine guns." That's not accurate. Of course everyone knows they are a target, but that's a different issue.

Right, but none of that has anything to do with what Lance or I referred to, which was the ATF letter and the "ATF NOW saying rarebreeds are machine guns." That's not accurate. Of course everyone knows they are a target, but that's a different issue.
We both agree the March 2022 letter didn’t mention RB specifically. But I’m not sure why that matters. The March 2022 letter was implicitly targeting RB and any other manufacturers of similar forced reset triggers. And yes, the ATF is now attempting to define at least some FRTs as “a machinegun.” The ATF has very clearly expressed this opinion in a prior letter directed specifically to RB (see below). Unless you somehow believe the ATF has recanted its statement in July 2021 that “the Rare Breed Trigger FRT-15 is a machinegun under the NFA,” then I would say the March 2022 letter does nothing but support the conclusion the ATF continues to believe Rare Breed’s FRT-15 is a machinegun subject to the NFA. If your only issue is with the use of the word “now” in reference to when the ATF first decided RB’s forced reset trigger fell within the NFA’s scope, then we can both agree that happened sometime last summer.

Attachments

• 0231AA4D-B4F1-4DF7-AE51-55501E191A8A.jpeg
    0231AA4D-B4F1-4DF7-AE51-55501E191A8A.jpeg
    635 KB · Views: 56
Last edited:
We both agree the March 2022 letter didn’t mention RB specifically. But I’m not sure why that matters. The March 2022 letter was implicitly targeting RB and any other manufacturers of similar forced reset triggers. And yes, the ATF is now attempting to define at least some FRTs as “a machinegun.” The ATF has very clearly expressed this opinion in prior letter directed specifically to RB (see below). Unless you somehow believe the ATF has recanted its statement in July 2021 that “the Rare Breed Trigger FRT-15 is a machinegun under the NFA,” then I would say the March 2022 letter does nothing but support the conclusion the ATF continues to believe Rare Breed’s FRT-15 is a machinegun subject to the NFA. If your only issue is with the use of the word “now” in reference to when the ATF first decided RB’s forced reset trigger fell within the NFA’s scope, then we can both agree that happened sometime last summer.
I was referring to his entire asinine comment. Especially the part where he said they "rated" everyone's factories and collected ALL of them, and you are no longer allowed to posses them. What a fool.

I was referring to his entire asinine comment. Especially the part where he said they "rated" everyone's factories and collected ALL of them, and you are no longer allowed to posses them. What a fool.
Well, he's only half wrong regarding the raid (100% wrong regarding the spelling ;) but we've all done worse I'm sure). It was originally reported that RB and a competitor, Big Daddy Unlimited, were raided by the ATF and their respective on-hand stock of the subject triggers confiscated. The reporting there was only half correct. Big Daddy Unlimited was, in fact, raided by the ATF and all its on-hand stock of forced reset triggers was confiscated. RB was not raided and only received written communications/cease and desist letters from the ATF (maybe some calls, I don't claim to know one way or the other).

As far as I'm aware, the ATF has not issued a letter to the general public regarding forced reset triggers. I expect that will be coming soon, especially with recent headlines. Are you still allowed to possess them? Arguments can certainly be made both ways. But you, me, and anyone else reading this thread, are now on notice the ATF is choosing to interpret the NFA in a manner that puts Rare Breed's FRT-15 trigger within the meaning of "a machinegun" and thus subject to the NFA. The ATF's present interpretation in this regard doesn't depend on who possesses the trigger (i.e., whether RB has it in stock, a firearms dealer is trying to sell it, or you have one sitting in your safe . . . according to the current ATF interpretation the device is (present tense) an NFA item and subject to NFA laws/restrictions).

Is the ATF going to go door to door to collect? Nope (see e.g., bump stocks). If tomorrow an ATF agent arrested a guy shooting a weapon with an FRT-15 at a private/public range and the government charged him with possession of an illegal "machinegun" in violation of the NFA, would that guy ultimately walk? That's a question we aren't going to answer on this forum. What I can say for certain is the ATF has the upper hand and "winning" will be painful and expensive, if it happens at all.

Last edited:
Reactions: Lance Darkhorse