• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Accessories WTS: RARE Genuine Imported HDPE Walmart Plastic Bag!

TheHorta

Nest-stirring pot-poker.
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Jan 17, 2014
    NO AL
    DISCLAIMERI recommend reading this entire post. :giggle:

Be the only one in America to own this bag. A true once-in-a-lifetime opportunity. This is not one of those “biodegradeable” Enviro-Nazi bags. No sir! This bag will survive intact buried in the ground for decades... guaranteed! It has all original markings and is 100% certified authentic. Used for less than 2 hours, there is not a more pristine version on earth.

This bag would make an ideal stocking stuffer for a suicidal friend. Nothing says “I love you” more than a versatile gift. Draw a Happy Face on it and it’ll also serve as a burial face clothe to remember him by! The uses are endless.

4774C49C-A11A-43E3-8819-6E622828A871.jpeg

19CDF1C0-F07F-4356-8CDE-778BECFBD5EE.jpeg

D88A863A-74BB-4999-A746-CB84CA21E587.jpeg

I know what you’re thinking: TheHorta’s gone insane! This thing is priceless! How could he possibly let it go? What price could possibly be attached to such a treasure?

^^^^^JOKING ENDS HERE^^^^^

Well, dear fellow putrid effluvium of the Hide, you see — Uncle Horta is boarding a plane to Kenya this Friday to go see little boys and girls that Santa has forgotten about. In fact, the whole world has forgotten about them. In a little town outside of Kitale sits an orphanage that is also a school, where over 20 little kiddies without mommys and daddys eek out an existence. Auntie and Uncle Horta are going there to spend Christmas with them, and we’re bringing everything we can carry (and the airline will allow) to help brighten their Christmas just a little bit. We’re also bringing as much money as we can to help make improvements to their mud-brick home and school that has no windows or doors, and to get them all thin mattresses to sleep on and doxycycline to treat a year’s worth of malaria for each child.

So... what is Horta saying?

If you buy this bag, every penny will go toward this endeavor. I’ll text you photos of grateful little snot-nosed kiddies (seriously, their noses are always snotty) and the environs that we’re seeking to improve. Last year we were able to get them some land to plant corn which they used to help live on, and a milking goat, and a water pump and pipe. This year we hope to do even more, and do it on Christmas. This is a strictly personal thing, not as part of any organization. We’re not a 501c3 or any such thing. This is just a thing where literally every dollar gets used. We cover all of our own expenses, and we’re very cautious about how these things get doled out.

So, what say ye? Anyone need a bag?

P.S. There’s a secret irony to selling a plastic bag in a bid to help Kenyan orphans.;)

Yer pal,
    TheHorta

Some of “our” kids...

F8E6E3B5-D559-4B54-B2C8-D784F1180AC7.jpeg

A9555990-8774-442B-8B73-534B6ACA4CEC.jpeg

E56CECA3-3A70-4333-8920-8F5C1F2AB71E.jpeg

BEC21B56-1E30-4788-B48B-EBE71CF890C7.jpeg

Attachments

• 4C40CA9F-A561-45A8-B795-78D556279E66.jpeg
      4C40CA9F-A561-45A8-B795-78D556279E66.jpeg
      517.2 KB · Views: 44
    SOLD! To the kind Mr Beckett! (I think that’s a speed record).

I’m not sure, but I may have another one. It won’t be quite this pristine and may have more use on it, but... just maybe.;)

Appreciate the humor as well as the endeavor to help kids in need, especially on Christmas. If you have another bag, I'd like to send some money for it, but instead of shipping the bag, maybe use it to carry your toiletries through security ;)

Appreciate the humor as well as the endeavor to help kids in need, especially on Christmas. If you have another bag, I'd like to send some money for it, but instead of shipping the bag, maybe use it to carry your toiletries through security ;)

I have a bag that I use to store my twice-worn boxers after a hot, sweaty day. It’s all yours brother!

Hitting the sack now. Silicon based lifeforms need beauty sleep to stay OAF.

If its OK with @TheHorta.

I'll donate the proceeds from my new but opened Pmag 5 AC-L that doesn't fit my chassis, and a couple tpost target hangers.
    Pay the Horta and PM me an address.

I'll also match it with my own donation.

Last edited:
    Anyone who wants to post something for sale with the proceeds going to what I'm calling "Kibbles for Kiddies" is more than welcome to do so.

Honestly, this went WAY above and beyond what I was thinking. It's been ~12 hours since OP and I'm almost tearing up here. Hide folk and members of this community are some of the most generous humans out there.

Things are hectic with having to finish packing, making a 1-hour drive to get our COVID PCR tests (Kenya mandatory entry requirement), etc, so if I don't respond immediately it's because I'm swamped doing other stuff.

You guys are AWESOME!!! I'll definitely follow-up and post Christmas 2020 photos of the kids, etc when I get back (may even do a few "live").

God bless you all!

You should raffle one of your thermals, you could raise some serious cash.

That's not out of the question, but we're scrambling to get things done pre-departure. It might prove difficult and I don't want to piss anyone off.

I have a few things I might consider auctioning, including a 2800 FOM WP PVS-14 and a ChinaSkeet with PVS-14 eyepiece -- and maybe a like new ReapIR v2 60mm.

If its OK with @TheHorta.

I'll donate the proceeds from my new but opened Pmag 5 AC-L that doesn't fit my chassis, and a couple tpost target hangers.
    Pay the Horta and PM me an address.

I'll also match it with my own donation.

Wow... you guys complete me.. :love:

Reactions: brettb614 and Wulf
    I have a Magpul .308/6.5CM- 5 round AICS pattern magazine that has never been used. I’ll post a for sale ad here shortly so the taker can claim it and make a donation directly to Horta. Whoever wants it, pay @TheHorta whatever you think it is worth.

Please send me a PM with your shipping information and confirmation of payment and I’ll get it to you. Thanks!

I have 2x 500 pack of 6mm Berger 95gr VLD.

$200 shipped ea to Horta (price higher than I would normally list but goes to good cause) and its cheaper than midway with free shipping

BEEN sitting in reloading room for 5 yrs after I switched to 105's. have 3 top 10's in NRL with them. Good shooters.

God is Good!
    DT

I have 2x 500 pack of 6mm Berger 95gr VLD.

$200 shipped ea to Horta (price higher than I would normally list but goes to good cause) and its cheaper than midway with free shipping

BEEN sitting in reloading room for 5 yrs after I switched to 105's. have 3 top 10's in NRL with them. Good shooters.

God is Good!
    DT

God is good, indeed, brothers!

I have 1000 CCI #500 Small Pistol Primers (All primers seem to be impossible to get right now, 4 times retail on Gun Broker?) I’ll sell for 50.00 plus the buyers donation of 50.00 to make the donation of 2 folks 100.00 total to send 100.00 funds to Horta via his choice and I’ll send the primers to the buyer? Any takers?

Curtis

I have 1000 CCI #500 Small Pistol Primers (All primers seem to be impossible to get right now, 4 times retail on Gun Broker?) I’ll sell for 50.00 plus the buyers donation of 50.00 to make the donation of 2 folks 100.00 total to send 100.00 funds to Horta via his choice and I’ll send the primers to the buyer? Any takers?

Curtis
    I'm low on pistol primers, so sure