• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Accessories WTS: RARE Genuine Imported HDPE Walmart Plastic Bag!

I would like to donate these to this project, TPS 34mm TSR rings 1"

IMG_7523.jpg

Reactions: HR218
How much does it cost per person to travel to Kenya? Air fare food lodging what ever else?

Economy air is about $1200 from my location (HSV), but that’ll likely vary depending upon where you fly from

Lodging is generally cheap. Maybe $80/night for a decent Western quality hotel. Food is super cheap, maybe $20/day.

Transport can be cheap or expensive. Depends upon whether you use public buses or rent a car. We rent a Landcruiser because we traverse some pretty nasty roads. That’s $200/day.

Thank you! I don't think the wife and I can afford to go with you. We would be happy to send funds to help. Have you thought about the second motorcycle I mentioned?

Reactions: TheHorta
This is in my opinion a very worthwhile cause. We have a knowledgeable member with boots on the ground to direct funds where they are most needed. We can made a real difference here fellas. Sending a little scratch on payday (tomorrow)

So, we arrived back in Kenya yesterday (really midnight Monday) for the next round.

Wife on AMS>NBO flight:
F8208081-788B-437C-8A84-5573DA2650CE.jpeg

COVID is making travel insanely difficult. PCR test before the flights, another test AT the airport in Atlanta for the ATL>AMS leg. Visa issues galore, but the Good Lord got us here. We took **SIX** large checked bags, each of them exactly 65-pounds (70 lb weight limit). 3 checked bags is the limit per person for First/Business class. We also have our roller carry-on and backpacks for a total of 10 bags and 500 pounds of luggage between us.

B91FD30A-FD99-4657-9D8C-F8ECC2BECB9A.jpeg

Clothes, toys, and lots of books and educational materials they have to pay a fortune for over there or have no access to at all. Multiple studies have shown that education can get them out of the cycle they’re trapped in, so our kids won’t need support until the day they die. They can break free and do something with their lives.

We met with some volunteer pastors yesterday (Tuesday) in Nairobi. Yeah, this next photos is in Nairobi, not far from the modern Central Business District. It’s a hell-hole, but it’s their hell-hole. The stench of flowing open sewage is overwhelming. I think I got hepatitis just breathing there. We’re standing on a ramp that is about 2-3 feet above the flowing sewage.
6DAC5839-4015-42DA-BD6E-5736B1A85F6A.jpeg

Wonderful people. Miserable lives (by our standards, but they know no different).

We leave all of the check bags over there every trip. We’ve probably left 30-40 large bags there over the last few years. My wife gets them at local Thrift Stores for $5-10 each. Works great, and each kid can then have their very own “dresser” to store and protect their personal belongings.

You forgot to pm me for a donation...next time DONT FORGET. My hide account doesn’t always alert me to watched posts
We leave all of the check bags over there every trip. We’ve probably left 30-40 large bags there over the last few years. My wife gets them at local Thrift Stores for $5-10 each. Works great, and each kid can then have their very own “dresser” to store and protect their personal belongings.

• Love
We need to keep this thread in the forefront. Send some coin when you can. A chance to change some lives for the better doesn’t come around everyday for us deplorables! 🤣

Reactions: brettb614
@TheHorta, have a $250 cash donation for your beautiful kids. Send your email and I can send it pp, or whatever method works best for you.

God bless you and your wife and all your children!!!

Very cool. We paid for and built a sewing academy in Kenya in memory of my late step-father. Word of caution, DON'T take the plastic bag into Kenya, they are outlawed there. Stay safe!!

• Love
We started on a new orphanage this week. This is the same one that, with YOUR help, we helped a little on the last trip with a month’s worth of food, some mattresses, malaria meds, etc.

If you can walk, you can work:
1C26B5F9-99ED-4DD3-A339-04EE7D7ECCE1.jpeg

No water. No electricity. No lights. No protection from mosquito-borne malaria. Typhus is rampant. Hygiene is non-existent.

This is where and how they live:
AD68E10B-5684-4D9F-8499-4D67E8159996.jpeg

The “old” woman on the bed is 61 years old. Aged by local standards. She’s dying of who knows what. Just laying there, suffering, waiting to die. They can’t afford the $15 it costs to see a doctor:
6FD76FA4-55E0-4C91-BC05-C288B32FF48A.jpeg

The level of poverty is almost unimaginable. Watch the commercials and documentaries, read the books, look at the photos — all give you a feel for it, but nothing really prepares you for experiencing it first-hand.

I’m going to toss a couple of videos up on YT. They make their “houses” with sticks and pack mud mixed with cow dung to form walls. Yeah... you read that correctly.

Still, through all this, they’re genuinely happy, loving people who will give you what little they do have.

D9A124DA-FFB8-4038-991E-CF61651A110A.jpeg

Added videos! (Yes, I shot them with my iPhone, and yes, that’s my creepy voice asking questions).

How most rural Africans get their water:

How most rural Africans build their homes:

Reactions: huntingthem
I was actually going to ask about the construction..I was thinking the same. Insane