• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

SOLD WTS Rem. 700, 243AI. Freshly updated by Kempfeld.

ST42

Sergeant
Supporter
Minuteman
Nov 11, 2007
WA
All,
I picked this rifle up here on the Hide about 7 months back. My plan was to use it as a long range coyote thumper, but I have lost interest.... Read on. Here is the original ad,

IIRC, the rifle has less than a few hundred rounds down the barrel. After It sat in my safe for a few months, I sent it off to Karl at Kempfeld Custom to spruce it up a bit. The barrel was turned, and an Allen Engineering brake was installed to accommodate my AEM-5. Karl fluted the bolt, opened up the scope base screw holes to 8-40's, added a side bolt release, installed one of his knurled tactical bolt knobs, and then freshened up the Cerakote by removing the original coating and applied new Cerakote in FDE and OD to the barreled action and the Badger M5 Enhanced DBM.
After the rifle returned home to me, I filled the buttstock with foam, it was hollow, and I installed flush cups on the left hand side. This next part makes me a bit sick.... I installed the forearm picatinny rail and I messed up the mounting of the stock into my mill, and I tapped the stock off center. Its not by much, but its off. My OCD makes it a whole lot worse than it is, and it is completely functional, but none the less, its off center a touch. The only thing left to do would be to bed the action into the stock.
Rifle is 7 twist, Bartlein Barrel at 20" excluding the brake, Heavy Palma, Jewel Trigger, and No magazine. Buyer will receive a set of Redding 243 AI dies, and 55 Fire formed Lapua .243 cases.
Yours for $1950 plus 50% of the shipping to your FFL. I'm not a FFL holder. Your FFL agent will need to be willing to accept the rifle from me, or there will be an additional charge from my local FFL for his services. Trades see below. Payment via ApplePay, Venmo, USPS MO, or personal check. Personal Check will necessitate holding the rifle until the check clears, No Exceptions. PM any questions that you have, and Thanks for looking. Bipod Not Include, Not for sale. This rifle is unfired by me.
BdqbLFK.jpg

0zkfr6e.jpg

wlH3cUa.jpg

e3epXz3.jpg

VfKslhA.jpg

2g65SHa.jpg

rWvnfXR.jpg

qAz1n1v.jpg

Eptd7kI.jpg

I34yUsL.jpg

20droxb.jpg

Last edited:
Had a question on the stock, yes it is a HS Precision stock with the full length aluminum bedding block. It extends completely down the inside of the forearm. Possible trade now that I think about it,

1. Leupold Mk5 5-25 in H59 or T3
2. NF BEAST, MIL
3. MK4 Spotter
+/- Cash on the trades.

Post Independence Day bump, and a price drop. $1776.00. Same terms.

Time to move this one so I may add another to the safe. Open to reasonable offers.

That is a beautiful rifle! I hope someone hurries up and buys it before I get in trouble for bringing home a new gun.

Reactions: ST42