• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Firearms WTS: Remington 700 - LRI .221 Fireball **SOLD PF**

burneyr

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 1, 2006
N. Florida
Moving stuff in my reloading room today and found this sitting in a corner. I forgot I had this - just too many unfinished rifle projects and way too many calibers to load for.

Remington 700 receiver which left the factory as a .17 Fireball. I chose a NIB Fireball rifle as the ejector/extractor position on the bolt differs from other .223 based cartridges to deal with the short case. Chad did a full truing job to include re-timing the bolt and installed a Shilen select match 1:12 twist barrel in a Remington Varmint contour. The chamber is cut to the same dimensions as Cooper Rifles from a reamer I sourced from Dave Kiff at PTG. The receiver and bolt were finished in Norrells Moly Resin after I got it back from LRI.

Stock is a McMillan ADL in a base tan with purple swirls. Includes magazine parts, and a pre X-Mark trigger with action screws and trigger guard molyed to match the receiver.

You will need an ejector, ejector spring, ejector pin, and extractor to complete. I cannot find where I hid them from myself. My reloading room is like a black hole where stuff never returns. Also, the stock was previously bedded, and you will need to grind that out and rebed for this barreled action. Everything but the stock is new - never fired a round.

Attaching pics - I dropped the barreled action in the stock to give you an idea of what the finished product looks like.

Asking $1200 - offers OK **SOLD PF**

If you have trades I would only be interested in a Leupold Mk5 3.6-18 x 44 with TMR reticle (173296), a Ferro Concepts Slickster, or Crye JPC 2.0 in Medium depending on color

Attachments

• 20200816_203129.jpg
    20200816_203129.jpg
    788.9 KB · Views: 74
  • 20200816_203022.jpg
    20200816_203022.jpg
    658.9 KB · Views: 82
Last edited: