• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Firearms WTS: Sako M995 Custom (7mm Remington Magnum)

glock24

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
  • Sep 14, 2006
    West Michigan
    SOLD
    I have a like-new custom rifle project that needs a new home. After more than decade of preparation, I've come to the realization that extreme long range (ELR) hunting or target shooting just isn't in the cards for this Michigan resident.

For offer is a once factory-new Sako TRG-S purchased many moons ago, and slowly converted into an ELR shooter. The M995 action saw maybe 200 rounds when in it's original configuration, but I have since replaced everything else. As some of you may know, this is the same action used in the Sako TRG series, and the very long and very strong action is perfect for stretching out magnum cartridges and high BC bullets.

I had a custom 7mmRM finish-reamer made by Dave Manson based on a dummy round using Berger's 195g EOL Hybrid. The resulting chamber has a free-bore of 0.280", and my initial loaded rounds had a COAL of 3.663" while still comfortably fitting in the 5-round box magazine, and still being 0.020" off the lands. And this is as far as I got with this project.

Everything else about the rifle was built around ELR shooting;

- Bartlein 28" heavy-varmint profile cut-rifled 5R barrel in 1/8" twist
    - All chamber, barrel work, and fluting done by Area 419 Firearms
    - McMillan A3 fiberglass stock (adjustable LOP, adjustable cheek, two flush-cups, bottom picatinny rail section)
    - McMillan two-piece steel bottom metal
    - US Optics 20 MOA Picatinny rail (drilled and tapped #8-40)
    - Remington-style pinned recoil lug
    - JEC 7mm muzzle brake
    - Black Cerakote barreled action with NP3-finished bolt
    - Includes three (3) 5-round Sako magazines
    - Custom Gun Coatings Urban Nightstalker Cerakote finish
    - Includes Dave Manson Reamer and Go-Gauge (used only once)
    - Ships in Plano Field Locker hard gun case

Asking $3,150 shipped to your FFL. No trades please (scope and bipod not included)

Last edited: