• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Accessories WTS, Seekins 34mm scope rings

louu

The only NON methhead in NJ
Minuteman
Aug 4, 2020
I can't remember the height but I can measure whatever you want, also see pictures. The part number on the bottom is L92839. I also put silver sharpie marks on the side for match marks but rubbing alcohol will remove that if you don't want it. $108 shipped or picked up in South Jersey.
20231124_133613.jpg
20231124_133552.jpg
20231124_133549.jpg

@louu I tried looking up L92839 on google to help out with the specs, but to my surprise when I specified that it ‘require’ that number appear in a search item for it to a show up in my results, the only post that came up was your listing, not even one other item came up… but actually just realized I’m pretty sure I know why. It isn’t a model number, it’s a serial number, to make sure your precision ‘matched’ rings do in fact match one another, to insure they were cut together and are the correct pairing for optimal consistency. I’m just now recalling this from a conversation I had on the phone with a machinist at Vortex (or some kind of rep anyway), after I got ahold of a fake set of PMR’s… several sets actually. For a period of time they were being peddled on Amazon, and when they finally got that under control they moved their scam to eBay, which is where I got into them. The scamming machinists were apparently too lazy to change the serial numbers and all the fake sets shared the same digits. They were also packed in foam cutout instead of the cardboard and plastic that the real Vortex PMR’s use. And the final kicker and only reason I ended up being lead down the path of sending them in to vortex for warranty work and in turn being informed they were fake, was the fact that after all their fabrication efforts and making them look identical (less the repeated serial number) they chose to pack ship them with extremely cheaply made screws that literally one by one all came apart mid shaft before I even hit 25 in/lbs of torque. Had the screws worked, I never would have been the wiser. Vortex was awesome, they offered my 50% off MSRP for a real set direct from their warehouse in exchange for being able to dispose of the counterfeits (something they had the right to do regardless of any kind of compensation to me for doing so). Anyway, just to clarify, your numbers DO NOT match those of the counterfeit PMR’s and to my knowledge the scam was never extended to the Seekins branded ring line.

Reactions: LuvDog and louu
Deleted my pictures of all my fake sets of rings with matching numbers a while ago but found my emails with Vortex, and the repetitive serial number to look out for as counterfeits is (or at least was back in July of 2022): H92639

Sorry, hoping this isn’t derailing your listing, but wanted to put that out there in case someone else may be able to find it helpful.

If nothing else, the posts have been a few free bumps right? Ok, shutting up now, lol. GLWS!

Reactions: LuvDog and louu
Somone needs some new rings