• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Optics WTS: SIG Sauer BDX Combo Kit (SOLD - Sept. 23rd, 2020)

Ash$$

Private
Minuteman
  • Jan 30, 2020
    SOLD my: SIG Sauer BDX Combo Kit: Kilo1800BDX LRF and Sierra3BDX Rifle Scope 4.5-14x44mm
    Condition: Very good (like new). Stored in climate-control since purchase. Comes with all original packaging and accessories.
    SKU: SOK18BDX01
    Price: USD $575.00 $525.00 shipped (priced right and not considering any trades at this time)
    Payment method: Zelle or Paypal [Sending to a Friend] or Paypal [Send a Gift], unless you want to cover fees
    Shipping: Yes, included within the continental U.S. only

Summary: This SIG SAUER BDX kit includes a Sierra3BDX riflescope 4.5-14x44mm and Kilo1800BDX rangefinder 6x22mm. Note, Butler Creek Scope Covers (shown in pictures here) are included.
    I purchased this combo new in Dec 2019 from my local gun shop for my AR-15 in 5.56 NATO and ultimately went a different route for the optic setup.

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
      Capture.JPG
      59.3 KB · Views: 57
    • image9.jpeg
      image9.jpeg
      685.3 KB · Views: 64
    • Sierra3-Reticle_BDX-R1.JPG
      Sierra3-Reticle_BDX-R1.JPG
      44.2 KB · Views: 66
    • image8.jpeg
      image8.jpeg
      712.7 KB · Views: 57
    • image6.jpeg
      image6.jpeg
      660.4 KB · Views: 51
    • image5.jpeg
      image5.jpeg
      597.1 KB · Views: 58
    • image4.jpeg
      image4.jpeg
      397.1 KB · Views: 51
    • image3.jpeg
      image3.jpeg
      337.3 KB · Views: 57
    • image1.jpeg
      image1.jpeg
      337.8 KB · Views: 51
    • image2.jpeg
      image2.jpeg
      263.5 KB · Views: 49
    Last edited:
    Why didn’t you like it? I am Interested in purchasing
    Thanks, sure, good question. I have always been a bolt-gun guy and this was my first AR buy/setup. I wasn't completely sure what I wanted from the gun/optic set up initially, but I went ahead and bought this BDX combo when I purchased the rifle. Ultimately, I set up my AR for CQB and home defense. I put an LPVO and a streamlight laser/light unit on it instead. It made more sense for my intended use, but thats just me.

To answer your question, I did really like the BDX setup and this combo kit, honestly. It's very well done and the build/construction was excellent in my opinion. From my opinion, the glass was nice and the reticle illumination (at all levels) was really good on the Sierra 3 scope. The Sierra 3 has a really cool Level-plex feature, basically helping you be aware of if you have the scope mounted level and whether or not you begin to cant the rifle. The Kilo rangefinder was also nice and the glass very good again. The rangefinder seemed to be very accurate and didn't have any trouble picking up targets that I wanted to scan. No complaints on either. The BDX app was pretty cool and seemed to work well for me, no issues and its well looked after by the SIG IT people (from what I see).

Reactions: Wolfhunter23
    Interested in your bdx combo if it is still for sale? I'm curious if your a bolt gun guy what scopes you have that you feel are better than this setup?

Interested in your bdx combo if it is still for sale? I'm curious if your a bolt gun guy what scopes you have that you feel are better than this setup?
    Hello, thanks for the question, yes it sold earlier today.

I am a bolt gun guy definitely. My current optic setup on my bolt gun is not necessarily better, just suits my goals/purpose better for me. I like to shoot long to extended long range personally, as far as possible with my Gen3 Ruger Precision Rifle in 6.5 Creedmoor. I have played with the optic setup for a while now and did enjoy the Sig BDX system, but wanted to try something else. My interest shifted and, ultimately, I shifted to a longer range LRF, Vortex Razor HD 4000 and a Vortex Golden Eagle 15x60 52mm SFP. I picked up a Kestrel 5700 with 4DOF to calc the best firing solution that I could. I am now setting up an 240 MOA adjustable base to add all of the elevation adjustment capacity that I need (plus more), where I was somewhat limited with the Golden Eagle (zeroed at 325 yards on a 40 MOA EGW precision base, I had 58 MOA of elevation to reach out to 1450 yards). I realize some would argue that you can shoot a mile with iron sights, but I like this way better. It's all relative and driven by how much you will spend. All of this stuff is great, we are the limiting factor on most days.

Thanks for the reply, I have a razor hd on a tikka 6.5. I'm looking to put the sig on ruger american 6.5 just for hunting to 500 yds.

Thanks for the reply, I have a razor hd on a tikka 6.5. I'm looking to put the sig on ruger american 6.5 just for hunting to 500 yds.
    It would be great on the Ruger American, definitely solid for hunting out to 500 yds. The glass on both the scope and the rangefinder was really nice. The build quality was solid too, on par with my Razor HD. A really good value honestly, can't go wrong here.