• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Accessories WTS/T: Tikka 6.5cm 16” barrel

Zetlock

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
Nov 28, 2020
Fredericksburg, VA
Price Added: $300 $250 shipped
16” Tikka T3x barrel from Preferred Barrels chambered in 6.5 Creedmoor with a 1/8 twist. You all have probably seen this barrel a few times as it was sold here on the hide a few weeks ago. The guy who bought it then sold it to me so I’ve essentially got sloppy thirds on this one. Not sure of round count (neither were the previous sellers) but if you’re looking for a 16” barrel this could be you!
I’ll also throw in the unknown gold colored muzzle brake that came with it for free if the buyer wants it.
Primarily looking to trade for a longer 6.5cm barrel for the tikka T3. I could add cash for the right deal.
50E87A0D-2098-4655-9EE1-7EE2DA6A1D93.jpeg
3071D6B8-C455-478E-B5BB-994F577DE757.jpeg
8230766F-0430-473F-B5BB-D3CDE1C0DE67.jpeg
7CBF972A-2DF1-4134-A3F3-A422379805FD.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: mmw194287
Currently waiting on a Tikka action wrench to come in so I can pull the barrel. Based on on the previous sellers info the chassis plus barreled action weighed 10.5 pounds.
The specs on the chassis say it weighs 6lbs 1oz, specs on the action w/bolt say it weighs 1lb 14oz…this leaves 2lbs 9oz for the barrel.
Again, until I pull this thing I can’t verify but that’s all the speculative information I have at this point.

Did you shoot the barrel? Also, I can’t tell from the photo, but is there a nick on the crown at the 5 o’clock position?

@Usmcsomerville I have not shot the barrel. Bought the gun this way and prefer something longer. For what it's worth the previous owner said it shot well.
Now, there are some nicks on the end of the barrel (shouldered area behind the threads). However, the crown (where the bullet exits) does not have any damage. I see what you're referring to in the picture but that is just the way the light hit it. I took the gun out last night to double check and can verify everything is fine in the areas that contact the bullet. I'll post a picture shortly...

Okay, I called over to preferred and was told this is a Varmint contour..technically it would be a Varmint .960 for all who were wondering.