• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Firearms wts: transferable Sterling smg - SOLD!!

bmgdave

Worlds biggest show off
Supporter
Minuteman
Feb 27, 2012
N.E Pa., sometimes Afghanistan
This started life as a Sterling MK VI semi-auto converted to full-auto and is NOT a Sten tube gun. I purchased it from the Stembridge gun rentals collection via Long Mountain Outfitters back in 1999. It is as reliable as a wood stove and has finish wear as you would expect from a movie gun. 10 mags and a lot of spares. Reduced to $$$$$$ I don't need to sell but I'm trying to fund a 911.

P.S. - refrain from any Alec Baldwin jokes :)
tempImagexIYzxc.jpg

Attachments

• tempImageTBmGZe.jpg
    tempImageTBmGZe.jpg
    475.7 KB · Views: 236
  • tempImageIzdpSw.jpg
    tempImageIzdpSw.jpg
    520.1 KB · Views: 228
  • tempImage3Wr8Fz.jpg
    tempImage3Wr8Fz.jpg
    491.2 KB · Views: 267
Last edited:
This started life as a Sterling MK VI semi-auto converted to full-auto and is NOT a Sten tube gun. I purchased it from the Stembridge gun rentals collection via Long Mountain Outfitters back in 1999. It is as reliable as a wood stove and has finish wear as you would expect from a movie gun. 10 mags and a lot of spares. $24,000.00 I don't need to sell but I'm trying to fund a 911. Cross-posted to Sturmgeweher

P.S. - refrain from any Alec Baldwin jokes :)
View attachment 8072333
Awesome machine! Was the first machine gun I ever had the pleasure of firing. Guaranteed to put a smile on your face!

Thanks. I'm kinda sorry to see her go but my shooting interests are changing and i've enjoyed this gun for over 20 years. I really wished the folks half my age were interested in something like this and not just the latest Glock-15's, as it seems to be. It's a lot of money but it was a lot of money for me 20 years ago too....... Enough of my rant. Thanks again.

No, but an endcap can be fabricated by anyone with competent lathe skills. The endcap\adapter would index off of the barrel screws at the muzzle end and the theory is a bit sketchy but it definitely can be properly done. I just bought my first lathe and i'm at about 5% competence :)

We put over 3,000 round down the barrel in about 7 hours, 4 mages each, load join the short queue (6 of us ding this) shoot rinse and repeat. Not a single stoppage took a while to clean it all out. Many thanks to the UK tax payers for subsidising our fun day at the range.

We put over 3,000 round down the barrel in about 7 hours, 4 mages each, load join the short queue (6 of us ding this) shoot rinse and repeat. Not a single stoppage took a while to clean it all out. Many thanks to the UK tax payers for subsidising our fun day at the range.
It has made many smiles through the years and yes, uber reliable. Truly a great British contribution