• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Accessories WTS: Ubiquiti UniFi Access Points (2xUAP-AC-IW's) plus a Gen 1 Cloud Key

jlficken

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 4, 2006
Aurora, NE
I decided to switch to Ruckus at home and no longer need these. All are in excellent condition and have about 2 years of use on them.

They will come in their original boxes and have all mounting hardware except for the drywall inserts. None of them will have the POE injectors included.

All AP's have been factory reset and the Cloud Key will be reset before shipping.

I'd also like to sell the 2 UAP-AC-IW's together - $115

I'll include the Cloud Key with either set of AP's for $35 or standalone for $45. I'd like to wait to sell it until after a set of the AP's sell.

I'll get pictures up later tonight or tomorrow morning.

Prices are shipped CONUS.

Payment via Zelle, PayPal (Gift or add 3.5% to cover fees), Venmo, or USPS Money Order.

SOLD I'd really like to sell the UAP-AC-HD and the UAP-AC-PRO together - $315

Last edited:
Is this everything that would be needed to get internet from a house to a barn 100 yards away?

No, these are wireless access points for wifi in your home, office, etc. You are looking for UBNT NanoBeams to extend your network from your house to your barn 100yd away. Shoot me a PM if you need more info.

Reactions: Sixfivesavage
Out of curiosity what made you make the switch to Ruckus? Did you ever get any experience using the Dream Machine from Unifi?

Out of curiosity what made you make the switch to Ruckus? Did you ever get any experience using the Dream Machine from Unifi?

I've always wanted to try Ruckus so when I had a chance to try them I jumped on it. Their system has it's own quirks though. I'm still using UniFi at work though.

Giving up the UAP-AC-HD for the Ruckus R310 (4x4 Wave 2 down to 2x2 Wave 1) is quite a step down though as the UAP-AC-HD is a beast of an access point.

I've never tried the Dream Machine (or Pro). They had teething issues but I think they are much better now. I'm more of an Untangle kind of guy currently.

I've always wanted to try Ruckus so when I had a chance to try them I jumped on it. Their system has it's own quirks though. I'm still using UniFi at work though.

Giving up the UAP-AC-HD for the Ruckus R310 (4x4 Wave 2 down to 2x2 Wave 1) is quite a step down though as the UAP-AC-HD is a beast of an access point.

I've never tried the Dream Machine (or Pro). They had teething issues but I think they are much better now. I'm more of an Untangle kind of guy currently.
That's some good info to know, I am currently trying to decide a new setup to run for the house. I have a little experience with all 3 just not a whole lot on ruckus but I've heard nothing but good things. We run Fortinet at work but its just too costly and a bit overkill to run their equipment at home. Ill reach out to some peeps and see if any would be interested in picking these up, thanks again!

As a commercial IT company owner Ive been using all of this hardware for a LONG time. Im a huge UBNT seller in my AO and I have no complaints or issues with it. Its all about your needs. Ive used a lot of UBNT Security Gateway Pro's and Dream Machine Pro's. They have their +/- and which one to choose is based off your needs. You have more granular settings available in the Security Gateway Pro vs the Dream Machien but the Security Gateway Pro caps out bandwidth at 300mbps when using IPS/DPI where the Dream Machine Pro caps out at over a Gig with IPS/DPI turned on... So really you need to decide what you need for each application.

I also used Untangle for a long time and really liked the product, features, modularity and cost to performance ratio. I built all our own boxes, I never used any of their pre-built appliances.

That's some good info to know, I am currently trying to decide a new setup to run for the house. I have a little experience with all 3 just not a whole lot on ruckus but I've heard nothing but good things. We run Fortinet at work but its just too costly and a bit overkill to run their equipment at home. Ill reach out to some peeps and see if any would be interested in picking these up, thanks again!

I think you'll like the Dream Machine. I've just grown accustomed to policy based routing with Untangle and would really miss it. I'm more of a tinkerer at home though and just manage the office network so I'm far from an expert.

Thanks for checking with them. There's absolutely nothing wrong with the AP's that I've listed. I just wanted to try something different as I like to tinker which is why my networking stack has HP (Enterprise and Aruba), Cisco, Netgear, Ruckus, and Untangle in it at home currently. I have more spare switches, routers, and AP's at home than my office even has LOL.

As a commercial IT company owner Ive been using all of this hardware for a LONG time. Im a huge UBNT seller in my AO and I have no complaints or issues with it. Its all about your needs. Ive used a lot of UBNT Security Gateway Pro's and Dream Machine Pro's. They have their +/- and which one to choose is based off your needs. You have more granular settings available in the Security Gateway Pro vs the Dream Machien but the Security Gateway Pro caps out bandwidth at 300mbps when using IPS/DPI where the Dream Machine Pro caps out at over a Gig with IPS/DPI turned on... So really you need to decide what you need for each application.

I also used Untangle for a long time and really liked the product, features, modularity and cost to performance ratio. I built all our own boxes, I never used any of their pre-built appliances.

The Supermicro 5018D-FN8T is about the perfect machine for Untangle up to a 2.5Gbps internet connection if you want something 1U w/ SFP+ capabilities for a router on a stick implementation. I'm running one at home and at the office with no complaints. I have a USG sitting at home and a USG Pro sitting at work now after going with Untangle. We still run a USG Pro though at our remote office as they only have a 100/100 internet connection and the Site-to-Site VPN works just fine between it and Untangle.

My only real complaint with Ubiquiti is that they sometimes mark releases as Stable when it's more like "Stable". I just don't jump on the latest version when it's released rather I wait a few weeks.

I'm pretty much an Untangle/OPNsense/pfSense guy for the gateway and UniFi/Ruckus Unleased/Aruba InstantOn guy for WiFi. I don't deal with enterprise stuff though and live more in the SMB type of hardware as I'm a programmer by day but like to dabble with networking when I can.

Reactions: padom
The Supermicro 5018D-FN8T is about the perfect machine for Untangle up to a 2.5Gbps internet connection if you want something 1U w/ SFP+ capabilities for a router on a stick implementation. I'm running one at home and at the office with no complaints. I have a USG sitting at home and a USG Pro sitting at work now after going with Untangle. We still run a USG Pro though at our remote office as they only have a 100/100 internet connection and the Site-to-Site VPN works just fine between it and Untangle.

My only real complaint with Ubiquiti is that they sometimes mark releases as Stable when it's more like "Stable". I just don't jump on the latest version when it's released rather I wait a few weeks.

I'm pretty much an Untangle/OPNsense/pfSense guy for the gateway and UniFi/Ruckus Unleased/Aruba InstantOn guy for WiFi. I don't deal with enterprise stuff though and live more in the SMB type of hardware as I'm a programmer by day but like to dabble with networking when I can.

That SuperMicro is definitely a nice Untangle host but WAY more expensive all said and done over a UBNT SG Pro4 or Dream Machine Pro.... By a LOT. Looking at retail pricing on that SuperMicro its around $1000+/- (my distributor cost is lower by about a 1/3rd) + you have to add the Untangle licensing and modules....so definitely an enterprise cost for a Security Gateway/Network Appliance... Very expensive solution for a home network vs say a $375 Dream Machine Pro (which is overkill for a home network by the way...haha) The Dream Machine (non pro) is an excellent device for a home network to run all your UBNT AP's, switches, etc.....

That SuperMicro is definitely a nice Untangle host but WAY more expensive all said and done over a UBNT SG Pro4 or Dream Machine Pro.... By a LOT. Looking at retail pricing on that SuperMicro its around $1000+/- (my distributor cost is lower by about a 1/3rd) + you have to add the Untangle licensing and modules....so definitely an enterprise cost for a Security Gateway/Network Appliance... Very expensive solution for a home network vs say a $375 Dream Machine Pro (which is overkill for a home network by the way...haha) The Dream Machine (non pro) is an excellent device for a home network to run all your UBNT AP's, switches, etc.....

You're not wrong at all but I don't regret spending the money on it for home use as it's been rock solid and is fast both of which I really like plus it's 1U for my networking rack. I think it was $775 when I bought it plus another $100 for 16GB of RAM and $100 for a 512GB SSD.

I got the HomePro license for $200/5yrs which was a great deal. Now they've messed with the packages though so it's not such a good deal for Untangle at home anymore.

My ISP is rolling out 2.5Gbps and 5Gbps here shortly so I'm looking forward to trying that out. I mainly wanted the SFP+ capability of the SuperMicro though for my 10Gb LAN to use in a router on a stick configuration as I didn't want to mess with a L3 switch at home.

I just like networking gear and have spent way too much money on it at home over the last 5 or so years.

You're not wrong at all but I don't regret spending the money on it for home use as it's been rock solid and is fast both of which I really like plus it's 1U for my networking rack. I think it was $775 when I bought it plus another $100 for 16GB of RAM and $100 for a 512GB SSD.

I got the HomePro license for $200/5yrs which was a great deal. Now they've messed with the packages though so it's not such a good deal for Untangle at home anymore.

My ISP is rolling out 2.5Gbps and 5Gbps here shortly so I'm looking forward to trying that out. I mainly wanted the SFP+ capability of the SuperMicro though for my 10Gb LAN to use in a router on a stick configuration as I didn't want to mess with a L3 switch at home.

I just like networking gear and have spent way too much money on it at home over the last 5 or so years.

Lol, I know what you mean... My home network is nicer than 90% of the businesses I support.... But gotta stay current in this line of work or youre out of the loop quickly...

$200 for 5 years of UT Home Pro is a smoking deal...Right now its $150 for 1 year!

Lol, I know what you mean... My home network is nicer than 90% of the businesses I support.... But gotta stay current in this line of work or youre out of the loop quickly...

$200 for 5 years of UT Home Pro is a smoking deal...Right now its $150 for 1 year!

Yeah they changed it last month so now there are 2 tiers of home packages. The top one has everything including Virus Blocker, Wireguard, and Threat Prevention which the original Home Pro didn't. The basic one doesn't have have any of that. None of the Home packages include direct support unless they aren't too busy then they'll answer questions.

Home Pro was only missing Wireguard, Threat Prevention, and Branding Manager. Basically, they decided to charge the same for less or charge $100/yr more for Wireguard and Threat Prevention of which I don't care about Threat Prevention (I've never seen it block anything of worth at the office) and Wireguard isn't worth $100/yr to me.